His Immortal Embrace (Zebra Historical Romance)

Registered by nikel27 of -- Irgendwo / Somewhere --, Hessen Germany on 2/28/2006
Journal Entry 1 by nikel27 from -- Irgendwo / Somewhere --, Hessen Germany on Tuesday, February 28, 2006
"The Yearning" by Hannah Howell
Tormented by an ancient curse, the young men of Clan MacCordy reach manhood only to walk forever in darkness, thirsting for blood—and Alpin MacCordy is no different. He must wed for coin and land, despite his betrothed's terror—and his own fascination with another woman, Lady Sophie Hay…

"Stranger in the Night" by Sara Blayne
Georgiana Thornberry hopes to unearth ancient treasure while exploring the moldering ruins of her ancestral home. Instead she encounters Julius Lathrop. Does the enigmatic—and disturbingly attractive— stranger hold the key to a family legend? Or something far more sinister?

"The Awakening" by Kate Huntington
Orphaned Thalia Layton is stricken to hear that her beloved, eccentric Aunt Cordelia has taken ill. But upon her arrival at Cordelia's remote estate, Thalia discovers that her aunt has harbored dangerous secrets—and that Thalia's own attraction to Adrian Lucerne, Cordelia's mysterious—and oddly nocturnal—companion, may prove to be a sensual temptation that will cost her life…

"Bitten" by Lynsay Sands
After brooding Keeran MacKay saves Emily Wentworth Collins from a storm-tossed ship, he offers her shelter in his secluded castle. But when a savage kiss reveals Keeran's true nature, Emily realizes that yielding to Keeran's untamed desire may change her own life...forever.

Journal Entry 2 by nikel27 from -- Irgendwo / Somewhere --, Hessen Germany on Tuesday, June 06, 2006
This BookRing is started with the following yahoo groups ERTG and Club_Vlad also some book crossing members joined in.

MemberList:
* can ship intern.

#01 terra57/USA (US or Canada)
#02 CheriePie/USA *
#07 Oriana78/France Europe only
#08 penelopewanders/Switzerland Europe only
#09 Tammy/Italy Europe Only
#10 Back Home to nikel27/Germany

Journal Entry 3 by nikel27 at Post Office in Book Ring, Ginsheim -- Controlled Releases on Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Released 12 yrs ago (6/8/2006 UTC) at Post Office in Book Ring, Ginsheim -- Controlled Releases

BookRing starts now, please be sure to try reading the book within 4 weeks.

Journal Entry 4 by terra57 from Hopedale, Massachusetts USA on Friday, July 28, 2006
received today. will read asap.

Journal Entry 5 by terra57 from Hopedale, Massachusetts USA on Sunday, July 30, 2006
I just realized that I have already read this book and really enjoyed it. I will be sending this on to CheriePie on 7/31. Thanks for including me.

Journal Entry 6 by CheriePie from Campbell, California USA on Wednesday, August 02, 2006
Received this today. I've got some other books to read ahead of it so it'll be a few weeks before I start on it. Thanks for starting this ray nikel27!

Journal Entry 7 by CheriePie from Campbell, California USA on Monday, August 21, 2006
"The Yearning" by Hannah Howell
I found this story super predictable and in my mind, kept swearing at the characters that they were so slow witted. I mean, I figured out how to end the curse the first time Rona had recited it so many years ago. And yet it took 364 years for these people to figure it out. Granted the actual words were hidden for many generations, but still... the rest of the story, though predictable, was fairly interesting, which is what kept me reading. Overall, I'd give it a 6 out of 10 because of the predictability and the actual story line was secondary to the romance. And I don't care for stories too strong in romance.

"Bitten" by Lynsay Sands
Keeran and Emily... eh, somewhat better than the first story, but it certainly didn't endear the author to me in any way. Though I've already got some of Sands' books on my bookshelf to read soon so I hope they're not as sappy as this story.

"Stranger in the Night" by Sara Blayne
My Goddess, this author knows how to ramble! She could talk for an entire page on something as simple as an amulet, while throwing a bunch of historical information, people's names and relationships at the reader all in a single paragraph. The antiquated writing style, and the dialogue she used, not just with the speech of her characters, which I could understand based on the story's time period, but she also used all manner of antiquated words which I'd never heard of. Beyond that, her constant use of terms like "Faith" and "The Devil" smacked of Christian evangelism. It got tiring real fast and after only two chapters I felt I couldn't take any more and moved onto the next story.

"The Awakening" by Kate Huntington
I thought this was the best of the four stories. It wasn't all that predictable like the others and it kept me reading, not wanting to put it down. Yes, like the others this took place back in olden times, 1814 to be precise, but the author didn't try to write as if she were from that generation as well. A very good read indeed. :)

I'm waiting to hear back from Luintaurien with her address and will get this in the mail to her shortly.

UPDATE 30-AUG-2006: Mailed to Luintaurien on 30-Aug-2006 via Media Mail.

Journal Entry 8 by Luintaurien from York, Nebraska USA on Friday, September 08, 2006
Got it today. Thank you. WIll read and pass on ASAP.

Journal Entry 9 by Luintaurien from York, Nebraska USA on Tuesday, April 03, 2007
Sending on when I get the address

Journal Entry 10 by nikel27 from -- Irgendwo / Somewhere --, Hessen Germany on Tuesday, October 23, 2007
Last member has this book now for nearly 6 months, I try to reach her to give the address for the next one in the row, but never got any answer.
Also was she upset that I ask about this book and when she will pass along.

Journal Entry 11 by lostbookisland on Wednesday, October 24, 2007
This book has washed ashore at the Lost Book Island after not being heard from for many months. This new arrival will be shown to a room and be allowed a bit of rest before being introduced to the many fun things to do here at the island.

All around there are books sipping cool drinks under shady palms while other books participate in a wide variety of beach sports. There is plenty of sand, surf and sun here for all of the lost and wayward books to enjoy.

It is hoped that very soon a new journal entry will come to rescue this book from the island and send it back out into the BookCrossing world so that it may continue on its journey. It is hoped that the new journal entry will tell all the interested parties where this book has been this long time and where it will be traveling to next.