The Annunciation

by Ellen Gilchrist | Literature & Fiction | This book has not been rated.
Registered by GorgeousGlo on 2/28/2006
Journal Entry 1 by GorgeousGlo on Tuesday, February 28, 2006
Ellen Gilchrist is one of my favorite authors. I read this novel with my book club ages ago. I liked it, because it shows you how ironic life can be. This version is the original one, the one with the unhappy ending (i guess the critics were so harsh that she revisited the novel and modified the ending in a subsequent edition).

Amanda is a woman with a lot of regrets. She experiences a midlife crisis of sorts, divorces her husband and flees to Arkansas where she falls in love with a much younger man. And that's all i can tell before ruining such a great novel.

Journal Entry 2 by GorgeousGlo on Saturday, September 23, 2006
I was already sending Librarymousie a RABCK from her wish list, and threw this one in the envelope as well.

Journal Entry 3 by librarymousie from Portsmouth, New Hampshire USA on Monday, October 02, 2006
Thank you so much for the RABCK, GorgeousGlo! What a fantastic surprise to find this and Empire Falls waiting for me when I got home from work today! I am certainly looking forward to reading this.