The Glass Palace : A Novel

by Amitav Ghosh | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by banyantree of Chennai, Tamil Nadu India on 2/27/2006
Journal Entry 1 by banyantree from Chennai, Tamil Nadu India on Monday, February 27, 2006
This book is set in South East Asia and India and deals with the fortunes of a family over four generations. Written in superb style it is an easy engaging quick read !

Journal Entry 2 by Hollydolly on Monday, April 24, 2006
Wow, this book arrived today all the way from Varanasi, India. It was kindly sent by Banyantree, who is quite new to bookcrossing. To send a book to me all the way from India to Canada, I think is very special. Thank you so much. I will look out for a book for you too!
Sylvia.

April 25/06

Started reading this today. Will journal when I finish. Have just finished "Hungry Tide" and loved it.

Journal Entry 3 by banyantree from Chennai, Tamil Nadu India on Monday, April 24, 2006
Yours was the first ever request I received on bookcrossing and I am glad it reached you !

Journal Entry 4 by Hollydolly on Friday, October 27, 2006
Firstly I must apologize to Banyantree for taking so long to journal this amazing book.I actually read it ages ago.
I really like this author, and once again he did not disapoint.This book is set in Burma around 1885. It is the facinating story of a boy called Rajkumar. When soldiers force the royal family out of the "Glass Palace" Rajkumar becomes the friend of Dolly, a young girl in the court of the Burmese Queen.Dolly is in love with him and that love stays with him.He cannot forgot her, many years later he is a very rich man and goes in search of her.

From the publisher:-
"The struggles that have made Burma,India and Maylaya the places they are today are illuminated in this wonderful novel by the writer Chitra Divakaruni calls "a master storyteller"