The Last Precinct

by Patricia Cornwell | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by Amberkatze of Wien Bezirk 10 - Favoriten, Wien Austria on 2/27/2006
Journal Entry 1 by Amberkatze from Wien Bezirk 10 - Favoriten, Wien Austria on Monday, February 27, 2006
Another Kay Scarpetta story to add to my list! I think I have nearly all of them now!

Journal Entry 2 by Amberkatze from Wien Bezirk 10 - Favoriten, Wien Austria on Monday, May 08, 2006
Just a note to say that I started reading this today. I am already near to page 200 and that means nearly 2 fifths of the book done.

This book carries right on from the last book in the series called 'Black Notice'. When I says carries on I mean like a few hours after where the last book finished. I found the first 120 odd pages really worthless and they were just a re-cap of what happened in the last book with a few little snippets of information. If nothing more interesting had started to happen by now I would have given up.

First impressions are that Kay really needs to stop making everything a conspiracy or linking everything up to suit her. I can't really see why the cases she has dealt with really made her link them with the 'wolf' case but maybe I was tired after the 150 page epilogue (the real epilogue was only 8 pages long).

I will not lose faith though. I have loved all the other books and will go off now and carry on reading. It is getting tasty but it is way too 'the whole world is against me' sometimes :)

Journal Entry 3 by Amberkatze from Wien Bezirk 10 - Favoriten, Wien Austria on Wednesday, May 10, 2006
I finally finished this book today. I felt like I was re-reading 'Black Notice' most of the way through this book and was a little annoyed that I had bothered to read the books in order because this one seemed pointless. Mrs Cornwell could have just added 100 pages to the end of 'Black Notice' and not bothered with this book.

I feel extemely annoyed that everything in Kay Scarpetta's life is made into some kind of conspiracy theory and that anything new that comes up in her life must have something to do with an old part of her life. I hope that in the next books she actually gets a break and starts having some fun in life.

All in all the book was ok but very poor compared to her others. It was not worth stringing the story out to 500+ pages and it was quite frustrating to have to read about everything again.

I will be releasing/relaying or trading this asap!

Released 13 yrs ago (6/28/2006 UTC) at OBCZ Haydn Kino, Mariahilferstr. 57 in Wien Bezirk 06 - Mariahilf, Wien Austria

Dear Finder,
Congratulations on finding this book! I hope you enjoy it. I'd be thrilled if you took the time to let me know what you will be doing with this book once you've read it by making a journal entry.
Please note that joining bookcrossing.com is anonymous & free!
kind regards,