Dové i Libri's International Recipe Journal (Book 2)

Registered by Dove-i-Libri of Cape Coral, Florida USA on 2/21/2006
Journal Entry 1 by Dove-i-Libri from Cape Coral, Florida USA on Tuesday, February 21, 2006
Here is a project we're very excited about! It's an International Recipe Journal!

Click this link to send a message

Journal Entry 2 by Dove-i-Libri from Cape Coral, Florida USA on Tuesday, February 21, 2006
1. Please make journal entries in your own handwriting. You can add printed material, but please make the journal entry in your own hand!!!

2. Use three or four pages. (or five, or six . . . )

3. Please add a bit of information about yourself, your hometown, the recipe you are including, anything you think others might find interesting.

4. PLEASE use English if you can, otherwise, maybe provide a translation from a translation site. That would be helpful.

5. Little drawings, photos, diagrams, etc are welcome (and encouraged!)

6. Make your entry as individual as you are, as charming as your country is!

7. Try your best to move the journal to the next person quickly!

8. Have FUN! This is an ADVENTURE!

Click this link to send a message

Journal Entry 3 by Dove-i-Libri from Cape Coral, Florida USA on Tuesday, February 21, 2006
Oh, my! What an enthusiastic response from Book Crossers all over the world! This so exciting for the Librettos! (And Mom i Libri, too!) We divided all the participants up into two separate rings so that even if everyone kept the journal up to two weeks, it might make it home within a year!!!!

Participants and Shipping Preferences
"collectorkerri" Ill, USA (US shipping pref)
"ChubsieWhubsie" Ohio, USA (US/Canada shipping pref)
It's here! "mccafl" Conn, USA (US/Canada shipping pref)
Stalled here, and rest of list transferred to new book ... See this link:
DoveiLibri's International Recipe Journal (Book 3)

Click this link to send a message

Released 13 yrs ago (3/20/2006 UTC) at -- By Hand or Post, Ray/ring, RABCK, Meet-up in Fort Myers, Florida USA

On its way to CollectorKerri in Illinois. Happy Traveling, Come Home Soon!

Click this link to send a message

Journal Entry 5 by wingcollectorkerriwing from Springfield, Illinois USA on Wednesday, April 05, 2006
I was looking forward to being the first one to participate in recipe journal #2. It arrived last Friday, so my apologies for the delay in journaling it. I will work on it over the weekend.

Journal Entry 6 by wingcollectorkerriwing from Springfield, Illinois USA on Wednesday, April 12, 2006
I had a lot of fun putting my entry together. I was the first participant (after Doveilibri), so I didn't have the chance to model my entry on anyone else's, which was good; I think my entry was completely original because of that. I hope everyone enjoys my recipes. Thanks for putting this together, Doveilibri! It is on its way to ChubsieWhubsie.

Journal Entry 7 by chubsiewhubsie from Brunswick, Ohio USA on Monday, April 17, 2006
Woo hoo! No I mean....
WOO HOO!!!!
After a long day trip I came home to a package in the mail!
I finally have this journal in my little hands. I am so excited! I just hope that this book does not get lost in the mail and that it finds it way home to Dové i Libri in the end. Here goes nothing, wish me luck!!!!

Journal Entry 8 by chubsiewhubsie from Brunswick, Ohio USA on Thursday, April 27, 2006
As of April 21st I was finished with the journal. It is in the mail as we speak traveling to mccafl. I really went bonkers and let my inner 9 yr old girl shine.
I had fun!
The next journal I get offered to do....
I will let my 13 yr old girl shine and work up to the age of {{gulp}} thirty-four.
What is life if not fun!
Have a blast gang!

Journal Entry 9 by Dove-i-Libri from Cape Coral, Florida USA on Saturday, September 23, 2006
Sent a PM to "MCCAFL" today to ask if they ever rec'd the journal. April 27 to Sept 23 is quite a long trip, even via media mail!

Added September 24, 2006: It's at MCCAFL's in Connecticut! Received a resonse to my PM today. It's not lost, just misplaced. Here's hoping it gets located soon and can continue on its journey! Copied and pasted from MCCAFL's PM: "... I tucked it away so I wouldn't lose it or someone else wouldn't touch it. Now I can't find it ... so now, I need to search the house (I have a forgetful 4 year old). But please be comforted in knowing that I do have it ... somewhere!"

Journal Entry 10 by Dove-i-Libri from Cape Coral, Florida USA on Monday, November 06, 2006
Oh, well, Looks like it's Stalled! New Journal Started!
I'll try to re-organize the remaining participants into the other journal, which seems to be going strong, or maybe I'll start a new one. *sigh*
See this link:
DoveiLibri's International Recipe Journal (Book 3)

Click this link to send a message

Journal Entry 11 by mccafl from Stamford, Connecticut USA on Monday, February 25, 2008
Found it tucked under the couch - sooooooo sorry. Will update and send wherever you want.

Journal Entry 12 by Dove-i-Libri at Fort Myers, Florida USA on Thursday, September 21, 2017
Since that journal entry, NINE years ago, we've been waiting. Good thing we weren't holding our breath, as my dad used to say.