Dové i Libri's International Recipe Journal (Book 1)

Registered by Dove-i-Libri of Cape Coral, Florida USA on 2/17/2006
Journal Entry 1 by Dove-i-Libri from Cape Coral, Florida USA on Friday, February 17, 2006
Here is a project we're very excited about! We're starting an

International Recipe Journal!

Place Your Pin On Our GUEST MAP! Click Here!

Click this link to send a message

Journal Entry 2 by Dove-i-Libri from Cape Coral, Florida USA on Friday, February 17, 2006
1. Please make journal entries in your own handwriting. You can add printed material, but please make the journal entry in your own hand!!!

2. Use three or four pages. (or five, or six . . .)

3. Please add a bit of information about yourself, your hometown, the recipe you are including, anything you think others might find interesting.

4. PLEASE use English if you can, otherwise, maybe provide a translation from a translation site. That would be helpful.

5. Little drawings, photos, diagrams, etc are welcome (and encouraged!)

6. Make your entry as individual as you are, as charming as your country is!

7. Try your best to move the journal to the next person quickly!

8. Have FUN! This is an ADVENTURE!

Click this link to send a message

Journal Entry 3 by Dove-i-Libri from Cape Coral, Florida USA on Saturday, February 18, 2006
Oh, my! What an enthusiastic response from Book Crossers all over the world! This so exciting for the Librettos! (And Mama i Libri, too!) We divided all the participants up into two separate rings so that even if everyone kept the journal up to two weeks, it might make it home within a year!!!!

Participants and Shipping Preferences:

"booknhand" CA, USA (US shipping pref)
"LoboDyke" KY, USA (US shipping pref)
"Valentina1209" NY, USA (USA/Canada shipping pref)
"Snowy652" Canada (USA shipping pref)
"tkdtina" DE, USA (no shipping pref)
"safrolistics" UK (UK shipping pref)
"Abrokenstarr" UK (UK shipping pref, but can ship anywhere if necessary.)
"YowlYY" UK (No shipping pref)
"DotDot" and Halvast in Finland (Europe shipping pref)
"LizzyBlack" Italy (no shipping pref)
"elisala" France (no shipping pref)
"aris1" Greece (Europe-Med shipping pref)
"Apapsa" Greece (will present it in person to the next participant!)
"Luz-de-Luna" Greece (no shipping pref)
"Queensknob" VA, USA (US shipping pref) No Response to PMs

(We've added the remaining list from the missing copy of Dové i Libri's Recipe Journal Book 3 here:)

"PinkManager" Greece Asked to be skipped

It's On Its Way Here! ---> "juli2007" Australia (Willing to ship internat'l)

"gaboyd" New Zealand (No shipping pref)

... And then back home to us, The Dove i Libri Book Crossing Family (Link) in South-West Florida!

Place Your Pin On My GUEST MAP! Click Here!

June 4, 2011: ANOTHER year has gone by, Libretto #1 lives six hours away at university, Libretto #2 is going to be a senior in high school. A LOOOOOONG time has passed since we started this journal as a home school project. And the journal has gone missing AGAIN. Sigh.

Journal Entry 4 by Dove-i-Libri from Cape Coral, Florida USA on Thursday, March 23, 2006
Sent off to "BooknHand" in California to start our adventure! Delivery Confirmation #
0305 0830 0002 5731 5228

Place Your Pin On My GUEST MAP! Click Here!

Journal Entry 5 by booknhand from San Jose, California USA on Saturday, April 22, 2006
This arrived in my mailbox while I was out of town helping a friend. It was a nice treat to see it when I got back.

I will add my comments and recipes to the journal this week and have it moving again by next weekend.

Thanks for including me in this journal - it looks like a great cookbook will result.

Journal Entry 6 by booknhand from San Jose, California USA on Sunday, April 30, 2006
I finished my pages and am waiting for lobodyke to provide address so the journal can get moving again.

Sorry it stayed with me a week or so longer than I thought, life is unexpected and this has been a very crazy month or so.

Thanks for your patience "Dove i Libri's". This is such a great idea and I am so glad I could participate!!! I am looking forward to getting all the recipes - I think that will be a lot of work for you, but I am very grateful you are willing to do it :)

Journal Entry 7 by booknhand at Controlled Release - Bookring in San Jose, California USA on Sunday, May 14, 2006

Released 13 yrs ago (5/9/2006 UTC) at Controlled Release - Bookring in San Jose, California USA

Mailed to Kentucky BCer next on the list.

Sorry for the delay in mailing - took a bit of time to get to the post office, since I couldn't mail media mail.

Journal Entry 8 by Lobodyke from Bardstown, Kentucky USA on Monday, May 29, 2006
Ooooh, I'm so excited to have received this!!! Thanks for the little extra, Dove i Libri, and for the postcard booknhand. I have a collection of postcards I've received from other BCers displayed in my bathroom.

I hope I can be as creative as you two have already been ~ it's not exactly my strongpoint, but I'll do my best. Now I'm wishing that I was later in the ring, because these recipes sound SOOO yummy. How did you know that Italian food and spinach are two of my favorite things to eat? Wow! I'll do my best to get this off soon, but I have to write down every recipe because they all sound good, then add my contributions (eeeek - not sure I have enough). Just a little hint ... mine will be from Kentucky, where I live now, and from my original state of Texas. I might even include something from one of the foreign countries where I grew up, if I can get my mom to e-mail it to me in time!

Journal Entry 9 by Lobodyke from Bardstown, Kentucky USA on Thursday, June 22, 2006
Okay, I'm finally getting this wonderful journal in the mail. So sorry for the delay ~ work schedule changes and waiting for a bourbon recipe (which is well worth the wait!) precluded me sending it any sooner. My apologies to everyone.

Delivery Confirmation #0303-1910-0000-2038-8330

Journal Entry 10 by valentina1209 from Bethpage, New York USA on Sunday, July 02, 2006
The book is safely on Long Island (NY) now. I can't believe how extensively everyone has been writing in it. Hopefully I can live up to these high standards!!! snowy652 is on vacation until the beginning of August, so I have some extra time to gather my thoughts and make my entry before getting the journal posted to her.

Released 13 yrs ago (8/7/2006 UTC) at Mail in By mail, Traded with another Bookcrosser -- Controlled Releases

Posting to snowy652 today.

Journal Entry 12 by snowy652 from Abbotsford, British Columbia Canada on Saturday, September 09, 2006
picked this up at the post office today -- I hope to make my contributions by the end of next week and have it in the mail the following week.

thanks for letting me part of this ring

Sept 22 ~ started my entry tonite -- will finish and mail next week

Oct 3 ~ waiting for an address to send journal to

Journal Entry 13 by snowy652 at Bookring in by mail, a fellow bookcrosser -- Controlled Releases on Thursday, October 05, 2006

Released 13 yrs ago (10/5/2006 UTC) at Bookring in by mail, a fellow bookcrosser -- Controlled Releases

sent to tkdtina

Journal Entry 14 by tkdtina from San Antonio, Texas USA on Monday, October 16, 2006
Received today, I can't wait to start reading entries and copying down some good recipes! Thanks for the recipe postcard, one of the many things I collect!

Journal Entry 15 by tkdtina from San Antonio, Texas USA on Thursday, November 02, 2006
What wonderful entries and recipes!! I copied out some of the spinach recipes, as I LOVE spinach! And entered a recipe from each state and country we have lived it...enjoy!

Mailed today to safrolistics!

Journal Entry 16 by Safrolistics from Newbiggin-By-The-Sea, Northumberland United Kingdom on Wednesday, January 03, 2007
Ooh, received this in the post today, very interesting looking with the small flick through I've just had, and double thanks for the personal added recipe just for me......Now, what to add?

Journal Entry 17 by Safrolistics from Newbiggin-By-The-Sea, Northumberland United Kingdom on Tuesday, January 23, 2007
Just waiting for Abrokenstarr's addy, then this should be on it's way again.

Released 12 yrs ago (1/25/2007 UTC) at Grahamstown in Another Book Crosser, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom

Journal Entry 19 by abrokenstarr from Reading, Berkshire United Kingdom on Monday, February 12, 2007
Arrived today. It's beautiful! Thinking carefully about what I can add in.

Journal Entry 20 by abrokenstarr from Reading, Berkshire United Kingdom on Tuesday, August 28, 2007
I'm sorry it took so long, but I promise this will be out by Friday. I haven't been able to do as much as I wanted to with it, but it is nearly done now.

Journal Entry 21 by abrokenstarr from Reading, Berkshire United Kingdom on Thursday, February 14, 2008
Posting to Yowlyy tomorrow.

Not even going to attempt to explain myself. Just know I'm suitably horrified with myself over it and won't sign up to anything like this again.

Journal Entry 22 by Dove-i-Libri from Cape Coral, Florida USA on Thursday, February 14, 2008
I am so happy to see this journal on the move again! I know how life sometimes gets in the way of our BookCrossing fun, but I'm so glad you found this! Now we can see how the journal turns out. Thank you for being concientious enough to search it up and send it along!

Journal Entry 23 by abrokenstarr from Reading, Berkshire United Kingdom on Friday, February 15, 2008
Posted out this morning. I understand your disappointment - it was just taking time to look up recipes and I never seemed to have the time to get it done.

I also felt bad because of the amazing way that other people had done their pages and mine are so plain!

Again, my apologies, there is no excuse in the world.

Journal Entry 24 by YowlYY on Saturday, March 08, 2008
It's finally here! It must have arrived a week ago or so, while I was away in Germany on a business trip, hence the belated JE. Now I am going to make a pot of Earl Grey, cut a slice of my chocolate-coffee cake, and relax with the book on the sofa :)

Update on Oct 2008:
Well, it has been a bit of an adventure to get this book going. First I had it here for almost 3 months (don't ask... work and caotic life are blamed!), then the mail manages to destroy the envelope with the delivery address, but luckily the sender's is intact, so the book comes back to me. Finally, it leaves Nottingham again in the 2nd half of September...
Ash on my head and curses to the mail service!!

Journal Entry 25 by dotdot from Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Wednesday, October 01, 2008
Recipe Journal arrived! Now I and Halvast just have to choose a recipe to share with you all.

Journal Entry 26 by dotdot from Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Sunday, October 19, 2008
We added our recipes. Tomorrow this recipe journal continues it's journey.

Hyvää ruokahalua!

Journal Entry 27 by winglizzyblackwing from Kinsale, Co. Cork Ireland on Wednesday, November 19, 2008
I've got this precious wonderful book in my hands. Wow, it's gorgeous! Thanx fo letting me in, I will do my best and try to send it out as soon as I can :)

Journal Entry 28 by winglizzyblackwing from Kinsale, Co. Cork Ireland on Wednesday, December 31, 2008
Sorry for taking so long, Christmas time overwhelmed me somehow.. but yesterday I finally found some relaxing time for myself and the book :)
Thanx a lot for letting me join this fab book! Will leave with the New Year!

ps. Happy New Year to you all!! :)

Journal Entry 29 by elisala from Paris, Ile-de-France France on Thursday, January 15, 2009
the book arrived safely yesterday in my mailbox. I've already started to read it, and it's veeeery promising! i love how you guys present your life and environment before giving your recipes!
i will have to think seriously about it...

thanks for this ring, and it's still time to wish everyone a happy new year!

Journal Entry 30 by aris1 from Nea Smirni, Attica Greece on Thursday, February 19, 2009
And it is in my hands!

Wow, this *IS* good. First thing that caught my eye was the "Bourbon Slush"!!! I can not wait to read the stories behind the recipies and add some greek ones...

Well, here's a little video to begin with:

Journal Entry 31 by aris1 from Nea Smirni, Attica Greece on Wednesday, July 29, 2009
Due to tones of work and personal matters I was not able to complete the journal as I wanted. Sorry for taking me so long to write this journal entry, I was so excited when I received it and I hoped that I cοuld meet all of my egnagements :oS

I am going to pass it on tomorrow to Luz-de-Luna

Journal Entry 32 by apapsa from Athens - Αθήνα, Attica Greece on Friday, July 31, 2009
The journal is here with me, as I am entitled to give it to Luz-de-Luna who I will see hopefully this following Monday 8/3. Meanwhile, Dove i Libri has allowed me to add a couple of recipes :o) Starting right away!

Lovely recipes everyone, I'm very happy that life arranged it so that this journal was given to me and I enjoyed reading all the beautiful entries!

Journal Entry 33 by Dove-i-Libri from Cape Coral, Florida USA on Saturday, August 01, 2009
Added August 1, 2009: (Thinking about adding the rest of the list from Dové i Libri's Recipe Journal Book 3 here. I'll contact the rest of the participants via PM to see if they're still interested!)

Journal Entry 34 by Dove-i-Libri from Cape Coral, Florida USA on Saturday, August 01, 2009
THREE AND A HALF YEARS LATER!!! Starting to allow ourselves to get a little bit excited! We're down to the last two (or four) participants! The Librettos and I have been to Staples about getting a price for copying and binding, so when the original gets here, we'll know what to expect! We can't afford the most expensive type of binding (it looks like we'll need about 30 copies, including some for the participants who were in the journals that got lost) but we can get nice card stock pages and a spiral binding.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Added 11/14/09: Our local Staples store (Link) is ready for the desktop publishing job ... chose the paper, chose the cover, just waiting for the return of the journal.

Journal Entry 35 by apapsa from Athens - Αθήνα, Attica Greece on Tuesday, August 04, 2009
I am meeting Luz-de-Luna tonight and I'm handing over the journal! I added two recipes, I hope you'll like them.

It was real fun to have the journal for a while and I'm looking forward to see the rest of the recipes :o)

Journal Entry 36 by Luz-de-Luna from Veria, Imathia Greece on Monday, August 24, 2009
Wow, this little journal has already travelled a lot before reaching me! :-)
I only took a brief glance at the pages and it looks absolutely fantastic... I'll definitely do my best to add my own special something to the collection!
Thank you DoveiLibri & apapsa (it was so great to see you)!

Journal Entry 37 by Dove-i-Libri from Cape Coral, Florida USA on Monday, February 15, 2010
Uh-Oh! Luz-de-Luna, I know you were having a bit of confusion at the house (Was it with a move? A new child? I can't remember!) I hope all is well. But, do you still have the recipe journal? I hope so!

Journal Entry 38 by Luz-de-Luna from Veria, Imathia Greece on Sunday, March 07, 2010
Yes! It's here! And it's ready to resume travelling! :-)
Shall I contact PinkManager, then? I'm sure she'll be thrilled to have this!
(So sorry for the delay; I hope DoveiLibri will find it in her heart to forgive me!)

Journal Entry 39 by Luz-de-Luna at sent by mail, A Bookring -- Controlled Releases on Friday, March 19, 2010

Released 9 yrs ago (3/22/2010 UTC) at sent by mail, A Bookring -- Controlled Releases

Posted to juli2007! Enjoy!

P.S.: I'm dying to try the "prism" cake that LoboDyke has mentioned in her entry... Mmmmmmmmmm an early taste of summer! :-)

Journal Entry 40 by Dove-i-Libri from Cape Coral, Florida USA on Saturday, March 20, 2010
REALLY getting excited, have been telling all my friends out here in the Real World about this project and they are interested in seeing it come home, too! Two more participants and it will be on its way. Hope I can afford full color reprints ... will have to see!

Journal Entry 41 by Dove-i-Libri at Fort Myers, Florida USA on Thursday, September 21, 2017

Apparently missing in action On Its Way Here! ---> "juli2007" in Australia. But it also looks like this person hasn't been very active, and even when they WERE, was only really registering books, not releasing a whole lot :-(

Which is a shame, since there was only one participant left after her:
"gaboyd" in New Zealand. (And they ARE active ...)

THAT'S how close we were ....

So very, very close ...