Topper

by Thorne Smith | Literature & Fiction | This book has not been rated.
Registered by winghyphen8wing of Honolulu, Hawaii USA on 8/25/2009
Journal Entry 1 by winghyphen8wing from Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Tuesday, August 25, 2009
Cosmo Topper is a quiet, conventional banker..until he buys a car that is haunted by its previous owners.

George & Marion Kerby are a pair of lively, hard-drinking ghosts, and they manage to turn Topper's life on its ear while having a grand time.

First published during Prohibition (1926) and very successful at the time, inspiring a sequel, several movies, and eventually a TV series.

Almost forgot. Added a bookplate from The Lost Book because of this passage on page 62 when Topper is still getting used to being around the ghosts:

"Why," he thought to himself, "should I of all people be privileged to undergo such unpleasant experiences when thousands of spirit hunters would gladly take my place? Why was not Sir Conan Doyle selected? I am not the man."

Journal Entry 2 by winghyphen8wing at Ward Warehouse in Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Released 11 yrs ago (8/26/2009 UTC) at Ward Warehouse in Honolulu, Hawaii USA

Bus/Trolley stop on Auahi Street

This book was set free to find a new reader; I'm so glad you've found it!

If you're new to Bookcrossing, I hope you will take some time to explore this wonderful free and anonymous community and learn about what it has to offer.

Free your books - help spread the words!

Journal Entry 3 by TheLostBook from Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Friday, August 28, 2009
Thanks hyphen8 for using a Lost Book bookplate in this copy of Topper. That means this book is now an honourary part of The Lost World Read 2009 (the UK's largest reading campaign - now worldwide!) and The Lost Book.

The Lost Book is an animated web series following the adventures of investigative journalist Aileen and her dog Watson as they solve the crime of a stolen book. The six-part story was written by visitors to the website between January and July 2009 – anyone at all, of any age, anywhere in the world could join in. It's inspired by the themes of Arthur Conan Doyle's The Lost World.

We'll look forward to hearing what future readers of Topper thought of it and to following its travels.