Hoot

by Carl Hiaasen | Audiobooks |
ISBN: 0440419395 Global Overview for this book
Registered by book-man-8 of Tübingen, Baden-Württemberg Germany on 2/10/2006
Journal Entry 1 by book-man-8 from Tübingen, Baden-Württemberg Germany on Friday, February 10, 2006
Hiaasen, the writer and defender of Florida's nature and wildlife. Always funny, even hilarious and with a lot of interesting insight in the daily life of people in Florida - no, they are not all crazy, but some of them for sure!

Journal Entry 2 by Akropolis from Bochum, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on Monday, March 27, 2006
I'll take this book to start the experiment in enlarging my voculary. Later more. *g*

Journal Entry 3 by wingOBCZ-Ferdinandwing from Bochum, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on Tuesday, March 28, 2006
Oops, Akropolis was faster ... Thanks to book-man-8 und have fun, Akropolis! : )

Journal Entry 4 by Akropolis from Bochum, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on Tuesday, February 27, 2007
That was a very nice read, although my plan didn't worked out since I spent the most time reading in busses and trains. Cute book, I'll see to let it travel on during the holidays of a following bookcroser.

Journal Entry 5 by Akropolis at By mail in Another BookCrosser, RABCK -- Controlled Releases on Monday, August 27, 2007

Released 12 yrs ago (8/27/2007 UTC) at By mail in Another BookCrosser, RABCK -- Controlled Releases

gave it to the post office today

Journal Entry 6 by snufkin81 from Cape Town, Western Cape South Africa on Tuesday, September 04, 2007
This arrived in the post yesterday. Thanks so much, Akropolis! I'm looking forward to reading it :)

Journal Entry 7 by snufkin81 from Cape Town, Western Cape South Africa on Sunday, December 09, 2007
This is a great story! It's fun and entertaining with well-developed characters and an exciting plot. I'd definitely recommend it to others. I really liked how Hiaasen centered the book on a very strong environmental message, without making it at all preachy or heavy. In some ways this book reminded me of Louis Sachar's Holes, perhaps because the main characters are quite similar.

Released 11 yrs ago (12/15/2007 UTC) at The Coffee Bean, Main Road, Rondebosch in Cape Town, Western Cape South Africa

I'll be releasing this at the meetup at the OBCZ on Saturday afternoon.

Journal Entry 9 by klaradyn from Praha, Praha Czech Republic on Monday, December 17, 2007
Took this home from the meeting on Saturday. Thanks, snufkin81.

Journal Entry 10 by klaradyn from Praha, Praha Czech Republic on Thursday, January 17, 2008
A very quick, fun book to read. I don't know whether I like the open ending, though. Would like to see the film version of this book.

Journal Entry 11 by klaradyn from Praha, Praha Czech Republic on Friday, February 01, 2008
Will be giving the book to readingtrix this evening. Book #2 for guinaveve's Keep Them Moving challenge.

Journal Entry 12 by readingtrix from Cape Town, Western Cape South Africa on Friday, February 01, 2008
Thanks Klaradyn...I have a feeling that this one is also for my teen! Will pass it on when done.

Journal Entry 13 by readingtrix from Cape Town, Western Cape South Africa on Saturday, October 03, 2009
I will take this popular children's novel with me to the meet-up at Cavendish square, Claremont this afternoon.

Journal Entry 14 by Esoteric1 from Cape Town, Western Cape South Africa on Monday, January 04, 2010
Hoot is a hoot! Would now like to read Hiaasen's adult books as this was so good.
Returning to Hylton who collected it at meet-up to pass on.