The Monkey's Raincoat

by Robert Crais | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by i0xi0x of Youngstown, Ohio USA on 2/9/2006
Journal Entry 1 by i0xi0x from Youngstown, Ohio USA on Thursday, February 9, 2006
Elvis Cole Series: Book 1

I bought this new from Barnes and Noble. I will comment after I read...

Journal Entry 2 by i0xi0x from Youngstown, Ohio USA on Sunday, June 11, 2006
I had heard really good things about this series, so I picked up the first book just to check it out. I really enjoyed it very much. It was fast-paced and well-written. I thought the character interaction was engaging. I look forward to reading more in the series.

From bn.com
When Ellen Lang's husband disappears with their son, she hires Elvis Cole to track him down. A quiet and seemingly submissive wife, Ellen can't even write a check without him. All she wants is to get him and her son back - no questions asked.

The search for Ellen's errant husband leads Elvis into the seamier side of Hollywood. He soon learns that Mort Lang is a down-on-his-luck talent agent who associates with a schlocky movie producer, and the last place he was spotted was at a party thrown by a famous and very well-connected ex-Matador. But no one has seen him since - including his B-movie girlfriend.

At the same time the police find Mort in his parked car with four gunshots in his chest - and no kid in sight - Ellen disappears. Now nothing is what it seems, and the heat is on. It's up to Elvis Cole and his partner Joe Pike to find the connection between sleazy Hollywood players and an ex-Matador.

Book #34 read in 2006

Journal Entry 3 by i0xi0x from Youngstown, Ohio USA on Sunday, July 16, 2006
Reserved as a RABCK for Cecilly

Journal Entry 4 by i0xi0x at Controlled Release in Youngstown, Ohio USA on Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Released 15 yrs ago (7/19/2006 UTC) at Controlled Release in Youngstown, Ohio USA

Sent by First Class Mail to Cecilly on 7-19. Enjoy!!!

Journal Entry 5 by Cecilly from Lewisville, Texas USA on Friday, July 21, 2006
This book arrived today, I can't wait to read it and pass it on! And it is in such beautiful shape! Thanks!

Journal Entry 6 by gatorbooks at Austin, Texas USA on Thursday, May 27, 2010