Desire After Dark (Zebra Contemporary Romance)

by Amanda Ashley | Science Fiction & Fantasy |
Registered by woosang of Campbelltown, New South Wales Australia on 3/20/2006
Journal Entry 1 by woosang from Campbelltown, New South Wales Australia on Monday, March 20, 2006
This contemporary vampire romance may lack the violence, intensity and eroticism typical of the subgenre, but bestseller Ashley (After Sundown) still delivers an exciting plot and a heroine who can kick ass with the best of them. A killer is draining green-eyed redheads of their blood in the Midwestern town of Pear Blossom Creek, and 22-year-old Victoria Cavendish knows she should be leery of mysterious men like Antonio Battista, who orders food he never eats at the diner where she waitresses, then disappears into thin air. In fact, Antonio is a 600-year-old vampire. While an obsessive, yellow-eyed vampire stalks Vicki and a vampire hunter remains convinced Antonio's the killer, the innocent smalltown girl and Antonio fall in love. Even if they can survive the danger, what will happen to their love? A ghost living in Antonio's isolated Spanish castle provides additional paranormal flair, and a secondary romance between the vampire hunter ready to retire his stake and Vicki's best friend round out the story

Journal Entry 2 by woosang from Campbelltown, New South Wales Australia on Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Vampire Bookring

See more Vampire bookrings at My Vampire Rings

AmberC (NT)
Sally906 (NT)
Woosang

Journal Entry 3 by woosang at Controlled Release in Picton, New South Wales Australia on Sunday, August 13, 2006

Released 12 yrs ago (8/13/2006 UTC) at Controlled Release in Picton, New South Wales Australia

Sending to AmberC

Journal Entry 4 by wingamberCwing from Darwin, Northern Territory Australia on Friday, August 18, 2006
Another received in the bag of vampire books today

Journal Entry 5 by wingamberCwing from Darwin, Northern Territory Australia on Wednesday, August 30, 2006
Not much action, a lot of dreaming, thinking and introspection. The heroine, Vicky, was a bit wimpy. I liked Lady Kathryn, didn't like Tom Duncan the vampire hunter because of his habit of staking any and all vampires.

I will pass this along to Sally at the next meet-up.

Thanks for sharing woosang.

Journal Entry 6 by sally906 from Darwin, Northern Territory Australia on Friday, September 15, 2006
Passed onto me at the Darwin Meet-up.

I am heading off to New Zealand in a few days - so won't be reading this until I get back - Will read third on my return - so will be on it's way by mid-November.

Journal Entry 7 by sally906 from Darwin, Northern Territory Australia on Friday, November 10, 2006
I really enjoyed this one on so many levels - thank you Woosang for sharing - is on its way back to you now :)

Released 12 yrs ago (11/10/2006 UTC) at Post Office in Casuarina, Bookring-Postal Release -- Controlled Releases

Mailed back to Woosang