by Bookcrossers | Journals | This book has not been rated.
Registered by Abbynormal92243 of El Centro, California USA on 2/4/2006
Journal Entry 1 by Abbynormal92243 from El Centro, California USA on Saturday, February 04, 2006
This is an online thank you journal.

I was reflecting on how BX is a permanent part of my life, and about how thankful I am that Reno came up with this idea. It's more than just tracking books we've given away---it's an exercise in human connection.

So: I invite you, dear Bookcrosser, to share with Reno how his idea has impacted your life. Don't make it very long--but share the essentials. Give a specific example.

~~~~*~~~~*~~~~*~~~~*~~~~*~~~~*~~~~*~~~~
Thank you, Reno, for giving the world a vehicle to touch others' lives in a positive way. I've made very good friends who share my love of books--AND love giving them away--and now I get to know when someone's life is touched by a book I've set free.
BX has broadened my reading horizon -- I've heard about authors I wouldn't have otherwise (Palahniuk!)--and I've made fast friends with people around the world who I'd never have encountered otherwise, and those people have helped me thru some dark times, like when my son was suicidal and I didn't know how to help him.

What makes BX unique among all the 'social' sites out there is that it's truly philanthropic. It's a community of people who want to give away what they love. I think this must be the most generous group of people online, and I'm proud to be a part of it.

Thank you, Reno, for bringing us together.

Journal Entry 2 by RedheadRaye from Ames, Iowa USA on Sunday, February 12, 2006
I'm saying thanks to Reno for his dedication and inspiration for creating this site. I love books, and BC has helped me find a way to keep track of my books, share them with others, and to meet other like-minded people. It opened my world at a time when my world was very small and I felt very alone. I now have a circle of online friends who helped me feel connected when I had very little to be connected to.

Journal Entry 3 by wingbcsupportteamwing from Sandpoint, Idaho USA on Thursday, April 20, 2006
Regarding the continuation of this non-book:

Please see this thread in the forum. If you need assistance in finding another site for the future content of this BCID, please contact support.