corner corner Fly Away Peter

Fly Away Peter
by David Malouf | Literature & Fiction
Registered by winglmn60wing of Spotswood, Victoria Australia on 2/4/2006

status (set by ivanfranko): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by winglmn60wing from Spotswood, Victoria Australia on Saturday, February 04, 2006

"For three very different people brought together by their love of birds, life on the Queensland coast in 1914 is the timeless and idyllic world of sandpipers, ibises and kingfishers. In another hemisphere civilisation rushes headlong into a brutal conflict. Life there is lived from moment to moment.

Inevitably, the two young men--sanctuary owner and employee--are drawn to the war, and into the mud and horror of the trenches of Armentiéres. Alone on the beach, their friend Imogen, the middle-aged wildlife photographer, must acknowledge for all three of them that the past cannot be held."

Malouf's writing is almost poetic in its beauty. I hope another reader finds and enjoys this book, too!

Journal Entry 2 by winglmn60wing at Brunch venue: Kaleidoscope Cafe in Brunswick, Meet-up -- Controlled Releases on Saturday, February 04, 2006

Released 12 yrs ago (2/4/2006 UTC) at Brunch venue: Kaleidoscope Cafe in Brunswick, Meet-up -- Controlled Releases

On the table during meet-up....

Journal Entry 3 by wingmeganhwing from Preston, Victoria Australia on Sunday, February 05, 2006

I do love meetups- good company, good food, good coffee and lots of good books. Thanks lmn60, another aussie book for New Zealand. I have a few copies of this book on my bookshelf and greatly enjoyed the novel.

Journal Entry 4 by wingmeganhwing at St Paul's Cathedral in Dunedin, Otago New Zealand on Friday, February 17, 2006

Released 12 yrs ago (2/17/2006 UTC) at St Paul's Cathedral in Dunedin, Otago New Zealand

Left this book on the steps at the beginning of our release walk.

Journal Entry 5 by ivanfranko at Dunedin, Otago New Zealand on Friday, March 02, 2018

Found at a bookabach in the bookshelf. Location:Walter Street, Dunedin. Swapped for another book and brought to Wellington, New Zealand.
David Malouf is one of the best.