The Second Summoning (The Keeper's Chronicles, No 2)

by Tanya Huff | Science Fiction & Fantasy |
Registered by wingmynttiwing of Tampere, Pirkanmaa / Birkaland Finland on 11/14/2002
Journal Entry 1 by wingmynttiwing from Tampere, Pirkanmaa / Birkaland Finland on Thursday, November 14, 2002
Amazon.com's book description: "In this sequel to Summon the Keeper (a #5 Locus bestseller), Tanya Huff returns to her inspired occult world of dark souls, spirits of light, and one opinionated talking cat...
Whether it's a blessing or curse, Claire Hansen's gift for reweaving time and space must be used to maintain the balance between Light and Darkness. But when an angel and a devil take human form - raging hormonal, teenaged form - it's up to Claire to keep all hell and heaven from busting loose."

This is a bit too similar to the first book of the series, especially when read back to back. Still an enjoyable read, though.

Journal Entry 2 by wingmynttiwing from Tampere, Pirkanmaa / Birkaland Finland on Friday, October 31, 2003
Mailed as a surprise to someone who has the book on her wish list. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 3 by BlossomU on Monday, November 10, 2003
What a lovely surprise, thanks, myntti! It might take me a while (say a few weeks or a couple months) to get it read but I really wanted to read this, thanks again!

Journal Entry 4 by BlossomU on Saturday, April 03, 2004
Finally read and when I was just in the mood for it. Don´t know if it was because I was really in the mood for something light and breezy, or because enough time had gone between both books, but I really loved it, talking cats, Keepers, Christmas, canadian jokes, lots of teens with an attitude. Though one must admit, dogs are clearly superior to cats and spoilers in white a sanctimonious angel becoming a cat? Nah, don´t get it, a golden retriever yes, a cat no. I even seriously doubt cats are creatures of the Light. Obvious authorial cat-ism in my opinion!

The comments I have seen about this book is that everybody but me seems to have preferred the first novel, I guess I am lucky to have loved this as much. Am looking forward to reading the next one, thanks myntti!

Book is now available, not sure to whom to pass it on.

Journal Entry 5 by BlossomU on Wednesday, January 05, 2005
loopy1 just finished and loved the first book, so am sending her this sequel. Shipped today. Thanks myntti!

Journal Entry 6 by loopy1 from Herne Bay, Kent United Kingdom on Wednesday, January 12, 2005
I had just journalled the first book in this series when BlossomU mailed and offered me this second one!

So thanks very much. I hadn't received any bookcrossing books since before Christmas, then this one arrived with a ring. But I usually have two books on the go, and I've just finished both books I was reading, so I already started this over dinner. I'm really enjoying having the freedom to pick up a book I choose to read instead of having to read through a pile of ray books!

Journal Entry 7 by loopy1 from Herne Bay, Kent United Kingdom on Monday, January 24, 2005
Well I enjoyed this book even more than the first one! Whether I'd settled into the style or not I'm not sure, but this book was even better. I loved the team of Claire, Diana and Dean, not to mention Austin the cat, and loved the storyline of this one.

Now both this book and the first in the series are travelling to Lutrus, then to Molyneux. Thanks!

Journal Entry 8 by Lutrus from Canterbury, Kent United Kingdom on Friday, February 04, 2005
This arrived (via the postman) from loopy1 this morning.

It was one of my Amazon recommendations that I actually liked the sound of, so I stuck it on my wish list. Looking forward to reading it - then it continues it's journey to Molyneux.