Labyrinth

by Kate Mosse | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by LastEdition on 2/18/2006
Journal Entry 1 by LastEdition on Saturday, February 18, 2006
When Dr Alice Tanner discovers two skeletons during an archaeological dig in southern France, she unearths a link with a horrific and brutal past. But it's not just the sight of the shattered bones that makes her uneasy; there's an overwhelming sense of evil in the tomb that Alice finds hard to shake off, even in the bright French sunshine. Puzzled by the words carved inside the chamber, Alice has an uneasy feeling that she has disturbed something which was meant to remain hidden... Eight hundred years ago, on the night before a brutal civil war ripped apart Languedoc, a book was entrusted to Alais, a young herbalist and healer. Although she cannot understand the symbols and diagrams the book contains, Alais knows her destiny lies in protecting their secret, at all costs. Skilfully blending the lives of two women divided by centuries but united by a common destiny, LABYRINTH is a powerful story steeped in the atmosphere and history of southern France.

Journal Entry 2 by LastEdition on Monday, March 13, 2006
This book is awful .. pure and simple.

Heavy book and it can be had in bookshops for less than it would cost me to mail it anywhere ..

Journal Entry 3 by LastEdition on Saturday, April 15, 2006
On loan to my mother.

Journal Entry 4 by LastEdition on Thursday, May 25, 2006
Had it back from my mother. With no better review than mine (and I did not tell her what I thought of it).

As it has been said elsewhere: it is far too long and not really that exciting and might even be categorised as "women's lit".

Included in nille & magika's book box because I thought it was on magika's wish list .. so much for Cliff's new format!!

Hope either one or both of you will enjoy it more that I did:-)

Journal Entry 6 by Magika on Thursday, August 03, 2006
Happily receieved! Thank you so much, LastEdition! :-)

Journal Entry 7 by Magika on Saturday, April 26, 2008
I'm borrowing my mother's copy of the book, so this one has been sent to rustyreader2 as part of a relay. Hope you'll like it!

Journal Entry 8 by RustyReader2 from Nepean, Ontario Canada on Monday, May 26, 2008
arrived safely