Dalai Lama, My Son: A Mother's Story

by Diki Tsering | Religion & Spirituality |
Registered by crinal on 1/31/2006
Journal Entry 1 by crinal on Tuesday, January 31, 2006
The history Diki Tsering, the mother of the recent Dalai Lama.

" "Dalai Lama my son" is a portrait of a long lost rural Tibetan way of life, as well a a fascinating blend of social, political and cultural history."

Journal Entry 2 by crinal at San Francisco Coffee Company (Odeonsplatz) in München, Bayern Germany on Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Released 14 yrs ago (1/31/2006 UTC) at San Francisco Coffee Company (Odeonsplatz) in München, Bayern Germany

Journal Entry 3 by Pandamao from München, Bayern Germany on Tuesday, January 31, 2006
Im San Francisco Coffee Shop mitgenommen

Journal Entry 4 by Pandamao from München, Bayern Germany on Thursday, February 16, 2006
Nice story telling and gives a portrait of Tibetan life before China took over. I know where I'll send it to.

Released 14 yrs ago (2/17/2006 UTC) at RABCK in -- Per Post geschickt/ Persönlich weitergegeben --, Bayern Germany

Will go to Eprinzessin - after having read "7 Jahre in Tibet" this might give her an additional view on Tibet

Journal Entry 6 by Eprinzessin from Bubikon, Zürich Switzerland on Monday, February 20, 2006
Das war mal eine Überraschung. Danke!
Ich habe noch einen Stapel "Henning Mankell" vor mir, aber dann kann ich nach Tibet "reisen".

Journal Entry 7 by Eprinzessin from Bubikon, Zürich Switzerland on Wednesday, October 11, 2006
Interesting to read.

Journal Entry 8 by Eprinzessin from Bubikon, Zürich Switzerland on Friday, April 18, 2008
This book is going to travel as a ray:

1. DieHenkerin, Hohenhameln, Niedersachsen
2. quak, München, Bayern
3. Mary-T, Mannheim, Baden-Württemberg
4. Chaotica, Remscheid, NRW

Journal Entry 9 by DieHenkerin from Hohenhameln, Niedersachsen Germany on Friday, April 25, 2008
This book arrived today - thanks for the ray!

It will take a little time 'til I can start reading this book for another ray arrived yesterday and a ring today! Let's climb the Mt. ToBeRead... ;o)

Journal Entry 10 by DieHenkerin from Hohenhameln, Niedersachsen Germany on Friday, May 23, 2008
What an admirable woman...

Released 11 yrs ago (5/29/2008 UTC) at by mail in nearest postoffice, Ring/Ray book -- Controlled Releases

Macht sich heute endlich auf die Weiterreise. :o)

Journal Entry 12 by quak from München, Bayern Germany on Monday, June 02, 2008
Arrived today. Thanks for sending, what a nice envelope! I'm looking forward to reading the book although it may take a while until I start.

Update 23.08.08: I read the book on the train-ride to my parents. Easy to read with simple language. But the story told is extraordinary and really interesting. I was very impressed by her faith and also by the relationship she has to her son, the Dalai Lama. The book is not very heavy so the story shows just some digested episodes. But you get an idea about life in Tibet and about this very impressive woman. Thanks for sharing :)

Journal Entry 13 by quak at -- Per Post geschickt/ Persönlich weitergegeben --, Bayern Germany on Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Released 11 yrs ago (8/26/2008 UTC) at -- Per Post geschickt/ Persönlich weitergegeben --, Bayern Germany

Hat sich heute auf den Weg zu Mary-T gemacht. Viel Spaß damit!

Journal Entry 14 by Mary-T from Bretzfeld, Baden-Württemberg Germany on Wednesday, August 27, 2008
Das Buch ist gut angekommen. Vielen Dank fürs Schicken, quak. :) Der Umschlag hat mir gut gefallen.
Vielen Dank für den Ray, Eprinzessin.
Ich bin schon gespannt - aber es dauert noch ein Weilchen in Anbetracht auf die versammelten Ringe...
Aber ich bin ja die letzte auf der Liste. Da isses ja nicht so schlimm.

28-December-08
Even if it is only a small book - it took me some time to read it.
I don't think it's really written in a great style. Sometimes it's just a listing of events... not very interesting to read - at least for me.
Also, except from the end, there is nothing real interesting to learn about the Dalai Lama. What a pity.
I expected really more from this book.

I will allow this book to travel again now and hope the next reader enjoys it more than I did.

Journal Entry 15 by Chaotica from Remscheid, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on Monday, January 12, 2009
It arrived today. Thank you. Will be read soon.

If the reader has been in Tibet once, he will be able to feel the circumstances and descriptions of this book. Otherwise the translation keeps the most things in secret.

Nevertheless an interesting book!

Journal Entry 16 by Chaotica from Remscheid, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on Wednesday, January 28, 2009
It will soon be travelling with the Fremdes Leben Box (Foreign live)!

Journal Entry 17 by wingOBCZ-Riese-ABwing from Aschaffenburg, Bayern Germany on Saturday, March 14, 2009
Got it from the "Box of Biographies". It can now be found in the "Cafe Schwarzer Riese".

Journal Entry 18 by wingwildboarhunterwing from Rodgau, Hessen Germany on Sunday, July 19, 2009
Mitgenommen für eine potentielle Reise ins englischsprachige Ausland.

Journal Entry 19 by wingwildboarhunterwing at -- Per Post/Persönliche Weitergabe--, Hessen Germany on Friday, July 24, 2009

Released 10 yrs ago (7/24/2009 UTC) at -- Per Post/Persönliche Weitergabe--, Hessen Germany

Per Post unterwegs zum Zwischenstopp nach Ulm. Anschließend findet es hoffentlich in Schottland neue Leser. Ich drücke ganz fest die Daumen!

Journal Entry 20 by Baronvoncrow from Bromyard, Herefordshire United Kingdom on Sunday, September 13, 2009
I was SO PLEASED to find this book - the first one I have ever caught! I have often left books but they haven't been journalled by the people that caught them

This book is definitely not my kind of book, and since I have a heap of books waiting to be read, I'm going to release this into the wild today. It's the Folk Festival weekend in the town I live in - so I imagine there is someone out there who will LOVE this book. I hope so. Go wild, little book! You can add another country to your list.