The Cat Who Played Post Office

by Lilian Jackson Braun | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by wombles of Caboolture, Queensland Australia on 1/24/2006
Journal Entry 1 by wombles from Caboolture, Queensland Australia on Tuesday, January 24, 2006
Purchased for a special rabck for someone. shhh it's a surprise!

Journal Entry 2 by wombles at Bookcrossing Convention 2006 in Dunedin, Otago New Zealand on Monday, February 13, 2006

Released 13 yrs ago (2/16/2006 UTC) at Bookcrossing Convention 2006 in Dunedin, Otago New Zealand

A RABCK for a kind person!

Journal Entry 3 by futurecat from Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Thursday, February 16, 2006
Arrived with Wombles tonight.

This has been on my wish-list for ages - many thanks!!!

v

Journal Entry 4 by futurecat from Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Saturday, March 04, 2006
Like all the Cat Who stories, a nice light read perfect (or should that be purrfect :-)) for sitting in front of the fire on a grey and miserable afternoon. I've been reading these books completely out of sequence, just in the order I come across them, but they're self-contained enough to do that, and so far it hasn't spoilt any of the stories to know what happens to some of the characters in later books.

I learnt something interesting reading this one: at one point Jim Qwilleran is preparing for a dinner party, and there is mention of him asking someone to write out the place cards and gentlemen's envelopes. I'd never heard of the concept of gentlemen's envelopes before, so I did a bit of googling, and came across the answer in an extract from an Emily Post book. Apparently, when you work out the seating plan for your dinner party, you write out an envelope for each gentleman, and in it put the name of the lady who will be sitting on his right at the dinner. The envelopes are then given to the gentlemen (presented on a tray, of course!) as they go into the drawing room, so that they know which lady they should escort into the dining room. Hmm, maybe I should try that the next time I invite friends for dinner... (though the lack of a drawing room might be a problem!)

v

Journal Entry 5 by futurecat from Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Saturday, March 11, 2006
Given to another bookcrosser at this morning's meetup.

v

Journal Entry 6 by winglytteltonwitchwing at Coast in Timaru, Canterbury New Zealand on Thursday, May 11, 2006

Released 13 yrs ago (5/12/2006 UTC) at Coast in Timaru, Canterbury New Zealand

Will be released at lunch on Sat at special meet-up

Journal Entry 7 by Cathietay from Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Monday, November 06, 2006
Another great Sunday read - I feel so bad that I haven't registered that I have them earlier than this. This is the third Cat Who That has been sitting in the read pile and they are so much fun - if you love cats, a light but witty who dun it you have to give this series a try. No need to read in sequence

Journal Entry 8 by futurecat from Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Tuesday, November 07, 2006
Left on the table after tonight's meetup, so I took it home to continue its journey.

v

Journal Entry 9 by futurecat from Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Saturday, November 11, 2006
Given to KomradRikardo at today's meetup.

Journal Entry 10 by komradrikardo on Saturday, November 11, 2006
Caught from FutureCat at informal lunch meetup today - TYVM.

Journal Entry 11 by komradrikardo at Kingsford Riverside Inn in Hamilton, Queensland Australia on Thursday, October 09, 2008

Released 10 yrs ago (10/7/2008 UTC) at Kingsford Riverside Inn in Hamilton, Queensland Australia

On bookshelf in lobby

Journal Entry 12 by AvidReader54 from Melbourne, Victoria Australia on Tuesday, February 10, 2009
Driving interstate to Brisbane, I was listening to ABC radio and heard an installment of a serial - about a cat detective. I was intrigued. Imagine my surprise when my Brisbane motel had one of these cat detective books in its lobby. A book crossing book! Two people in my household have read it and I will release it in Ross House, Melbourne. Thank you to whoever left it in Brisbane.