The Beach

by Alex Garland | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by Vickyloo of Barry, Wales United Kingdom on 1/23/2006
Journal Entry 1 by Vickyloo from Barry, Wales United Kingdom on Monday, January 23, 2006
Bought this in a charity shop for £1 - I was only in there because my friend was late and I came out with 3 books! Lol! Can't wait to get started :o)

Journal Entry 2 by Vickyloo from Barry, Wales United Kingdom on Friday, January 27, 2006
Excellent. Loved every second of it. I found it very absorbing & I was able to lose myself in the story. The writing style was fabulous - I could almost hear Richard recounting the story to me & the characters were 100% real to me.

******POSSIBLE SPOILERS******

His episodes with Daffy and the issues of insanity were particularly interesting & I enjoyed the message of "be careful what you wish for". A comment that Richard made about whether writing a diary aids or hinders memore has struck me, although I'm not sure which I would agree with. One possible problem I had with the book is the final scene in at the beach, which almost turned into a farcical zombie movie - but at the same time, I can see the links with the rest of the novel, the message it portrayed & the characters themselves. I would definitely recommend this book.

Journal Entry 3 by Vickyloo at Tesco store in Barry, Wales United Kingdom on Thursday, May 25, 2006

Released 15 yrs ago (5/25/2006 UTC) at Tesco store in Barry, Wales United Kingdom

I left it in a trolley outside.