Dinky Hocker Shoots Smack!

by M.E. Kerr | Children's Books |
ISBN: 0140319336 Global Overview for this book
Registered by futurecat of Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on 1/20/2006
Journal Entry 1 by futurecat from Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Friday, January 20, 2006
From a "fill a bag for $5" charity booksale.

^ ^
=+=
v

Journal Entry 2 by futurecat from Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Friday, January 27, 2006
With a title like that, I really had to read it before releasing (I wonder what sales were like for this book - I can't imagine many parents buying their children a book with that title (even though the content is totally innoccuous)).

Anyway, it turned out to be a weird and strangely unsatisfying story about four misfit teenagers learning a bit about life, growing up, and falling in love. I'm not sure whether the author set out to write a "message" book, but it does come across that way - the only trouble is, its a bit difficult to figure out exactly what that message is, as it seems to keep changing (possibly the message is "don't take anything to extremes" - that would be suitably waffly for such a disjointed book).

Oh well, somewhere out there in the big wide world there'll be someone who'll love this book...

^ ^
=+=
v

23 Feb 2006:
I released this book on the steps of the court building during the Dunedin Bookcrossing Convention, and to my excitement it was caught and journalled before I got a chance to make proper release notes!

Journal Entry 3 by wingAnonymousFinderwing on Tuesday, February 21, 2006
I found this book on the steps of Dunedin Prison (I was just walking past...). It came home to my new flat, and was read over the course of a few days. My flatmates all love the idea of bookcrossing, and I'll be passing this book on.

CAUGHT IN DUNEDIN NEW ZEALAND