Scotland Yard Photo Crimes from the Files of Inspector Black

by Henry Black | Entertainment |
Registered by terrafreaky of Overland Park, Kansas USA on 1/17/2006
Journal Entry 1 by terrafreaky from Overland Park, Kansas USA on Tuesday, January 17, 2006
Rec'd today via Paperbackswap.com

Journal Entry 2 by terrafreaky from Overland Park, Kansas USA on Tuesday, April 04, 2006
Sending to Kayote via PBS.

Journal Entry 3 by terrafreaky at paperbackswap.com, A book trading site -- Controlled Releases on Sunday, October 19, 2008

Released 10 yrs ago (10/19/2008 UTC) at paperbackswap.com, A book trading site -- Controlled Releases

CATCHING UP ON OLD CONTROLLED RELEASE NOTES

Thank you for picking up this book. I'd love to see an entry telling me that it is safe with you. Do with it as you please... read it (or not!), give it to a friend, keep it, leave it in the "wild" for someone else to find - it's up to you! Enjoy!

Journal Entry 4 by wingkayotewing at Champaign, Illinois USA on Sunday, July 29, 2018
I am horrified and embarrassed I never journaled this. Maybe I didn't notice the first time I read it it was a BX book and after that assumed I had.

This is an amazing book. It's a solve-it-yourself but really really different than any other. It is more realistic (even if you know enough info is there so one step above realistic), it's based on both words and pictures, and you get 2 questions to answer as well as needing the solution--and if you get the questions wrong you can try again because it will tell you you are wrong without telling you the right answer.

I've dug this out every few years (after I've forgotten it) and much enjoyed it. There are a few minor quibbles (one picture is a bit unclear, modern clothing works differently than what that did, and one question is poorly written) but they are limited. Overall, excellent.

Journal Entry 5 by wingkayotewing at Champaign, Illinois USA on Sunday, July 29, 2018
Now that I've caught up on the last decade's journal entry...

After moving, I decided I HAD to start letting go of books (and a lot of other things. So many boxes. So very many boxes). So I'm releasing a bunch that were on my keeper shelf.

My neighbors were having a garage sale, so I put out a "free" box and put this in. It was gone when I brought the box in.

Enjoy!