Charlotte's Web (Trophy Newbery)

by E. B. White, Garth Williams | Children's Books |
Registered by wingKarenBCwing of Prince George, British Columbia Canada on 4/3/2006
Journal Entry 1 by wingKarenBCwing from Prince George, British Columbia Canada on Monday, April 03, 2006
This book is going on a trip to Finland for BookCrosser Semming's son!

Journal Entry 2 by Touko from Vantaa, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Friday, May 26, 2006
(Touko's mom Semming making a note here :). This book arrived today and it looks wonderful. Touko is quite interested in learning English and this will be a great book for reading with him. Thank you!

Released 8 yrs ago (7/16/2011 UTC) at Turun kauppakorkeakoulu in Turku, Varsinais-Suomi / Egentliga Finland Finland

Will be released at Finncon-Animecon 2011 science fiction and fantasy event. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 4 by MiuM at Turku, Varsinais-Suomi / Egentliga Finland Finland on Saturday, July 16, 2011
This book was on my wishlist, because someone who had seen it as a film (apparently) had recommended it to me. She said that the ending was sad, but also touching. So let´s see if the book makes me cry.

09.01.2013: I tagged Annimanni with this book, so I shall finally read the story.

Journal Entry 5 by MiuM at Kaarina, Varsinais-Suomi / Egentliga Finland Finland on Sunday, January 13, 2013
This was a good book about friendship and the value of life. Beautifully written yet a bit sad, mostly because the facts of life are sad. I would recommend the book for anyone.

Journal Entry 6 by MiuM at Kaarina, Varsinais-Suomi / Egentliga Finland Finland on Sunday, January 13, 2013

Released 6 yrs ago (1/15/2013 UTC) at Kaarina, Varsinais-Suomi / Egentliga Finland Finland

The book travels next to Annimanni via Rakuna who will get it in a bc-meet-up in Turku.

Journal Entry 7 by wingAnnimanniwing at Espoo, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Sunday, October 27, 2013
Received with warm thanks!

Journal Entry 8 by wingAnnimanniwing at Espoo, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Friday, May 04, 2018
I never read Charlotte's Web when I was a kid although it's been translated into Finnish, first in 1954 and then in 2007. I guess it never was that big of a hit here. Anyway, I'm glad I got the chance to read it now as I truly loved the story, the writing and the characters. I'm not at all surprised it's considered a children's classic. It's both magical and true to life, it's beautiful, sad, touching and funny, and it's written with great style and honesty. A real classic for sure. I think I must find another copy of the book for my PC, but this one will get to travel on...

Journal Entry 9 by wingAnnimanniwing at Espoo, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Thursday, May 17, 2018

Released 1 yr ago (5/9/2018 UTC) at Espoo, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland

On its way to the winner of the classics sweeps. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 10 by Olivia_Lo at Hualien, Hualien Taiwan on Friday, May 18, 2018
I've wanted to read this for quite some time. Thank you very much for it.