Agatha Raisin and the Walkers of Dembley

by M.C. Beaton | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by DreamworldBooks of Brooklyn, New York USA on 1/15/2006
Journal Entry 1 by DreamworldBooks from Brooklyn, New York USA on Sunday, January 15, 2006
This wasn't the best Agatha Raisin mystery I've read but I liked it because of what develops between James Lacey and Agatha. :)
The book was too short, too fast, and the mystery was dull, but nevertheless it was extremely cozy and entertaining. The James/Agatha sub-plot was definitely better than the mystery itself and the ending made up for the rest of the book. Its a little unbelievable, so I really hope Agatha doesn't wake up in the next book and finds its all a dream. That would be so disappointing! :)

Journal Entry 2 by DreamworldBooks at Book Relay in Book Relay, Book Relay -- Controlled Releases on Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Released 13 yrs ago (1/31/2006 UTC) at Book Relay in Book Relay, Book Relay -- Controlled Releases

Sending off to sunlightbub via m-bag by three104. Thanks so much! :)

Journal Entry 3 by ThreeSixNine from Catawba, Wisconsin USA on Saturday, February 04, 2006
Arrived today and setting aside.

Update ** March 20, 2006 ** I had to send an audio book to Sunlightbub today and since this one was so slim, I put it in the package going over.

Journal Entry 4 by ThreeSixNine at on Monday, March 20, 2006

Released 13 yrs ago (3/20/2006 UTC) at

Going to Sunlightbub..............

Journal Entry 5 by Sunnybubble from Wallasey, Merseyside United Kingdom on Tuesday, March 28, 2006
Received this yesterday along with an audio book from Three..Thank you both!

Starting a UK only ring

Millycat
CelticStar
OddballDave

Back to me

Journal Entry 6 by AnglersRest from Teignmouth, Devon United Kingdom on Tuesday, April 18, 2006
Arrived this morning with two other rings, making my total 7! Thankfully I'm on holiday for the next 10 days!

Journal Entry 7 by AnglersRest from Teignmouth, Devon United Kingdom on Sunday, April 30, 2006
Another great read. Devoured whilst on holiday in Scotland. (Ring mountain reduced from 7 books to 3!)

I have the address for ScotsBookie and will get this in the post on 2nd May.

Journal Entry 8 by scotsbookie from Peebles, Scotland United Kingdom on Friday, May 05, 2006
Arrived safely with me this morning. #2 on pile TBR.

Journal Entry 9 by scotsbookie from Peebles, Scotland United Kingdom on Tuesday, May 16, 2006
I enjoyed this, not perhaps as much as the previous three but what did make me chuckle was the developments between Agatha & James & the spanners that are starting to appear for them already!

This will be off to PurpleRosedbud with the Potted Gardener in the next few days.

Thank you sunlightbub for ringing the book.

Journal Entry 10 by scotsbookie from Peebles, Scotland United Kingdom on Saturday, May 20, 2006
Posted off to PurpleRosebud this morning. Happy Reading!

Journal Entry 11 by purplerosebud from Petersfield, Hampshire United Kingdom on Monday, May 22, 2006
Arrived today along with the Potted Gardener, many thanks! Now to be shared betwen myself, cateringa and calalilly.

Journal Entry 12 by purplerosebud from Petersfield, Hampshire United Kingdom on Saturday, June 10, 2006
A nice cosy little read. Not the most thrilling of mysteries but interesting developments between James and Agatha so looking forward to the next book in the series to see what happens next!

Now off to calalilly.

Journal Entry 13 by calalilly from Waterlooville, Hampshire United Kingdom on Monday, June 12, 2006
Received from Purplerosebud yesterday I am looking forward to starting this but have a couple of rings in front of it.

Journal Entry 14 by calalilly from Waterlooville, Hampshire United Kingdom on Sunday, June 18, 2006
I enjoyed the book it's a nice easy read but it wasn't quite as good as the previous ones. With the ending the author keeps your interest going to read the next book in the series.

Journal Entry 15 by Cateringa from Petersfield, Hampshire United Kingdom on Tuesday, June 20, 2006
Light easy read.

Now on it's way to dogsapples.

Journal Entry 16 by dogsapples from Kirkby Stephen, Cumbria United Kingdom on Thursday, June 22, 2006
Arrived today from cateringa - thank you -looking forward to reading as soon as poss.

Journal Entry 17 by dogsapples from Kirkby Stephen, Cumbria United Kingdom on Friday, June 30, 2006
sorry didn't enjoy this my second attempt at an Agatha Raisin book. I couldn't get to like Agatha at all and that affected the whole book for me. The stories are also a little bizarre and the lack of continuity annoyed me. E.g at the end of the last book she left her catss with the neighbour James while she went to London. At the start of this one it said that her cleaning lady had been looking after them. Also I couldn't undertsand her being apparently so upset on seeing a body,she had clearly seen some before and the position of the body in the previous book was really wierd when she found it.
Oh well...can't win them all. Thanks Sunlightbulb anyway and i'll be sending this off to weebly as soon as i get her address.

Journal Entry 18 by weebly from Hartwell, Northamptonshire United Kingdom on Thursday, July 06, 2006
Arrived today - many thanks! Sunlightbulb can I ask a cheeky question? Can I send this book together with The Potted Gardener to Glitterlover to save on postage rather than to Rillaith? CHeeky I know but if you don't ask.....

Journal Entry 19 by Sunnybubble from Wallasey, Merseyside United Kingdom on Thursday, July 06, 2006
Order changed as requested by cheeky weebly ;0)

Journal Entry 20 by weebly from Hartwell, Northamptonshire United Kingdom on Saturday, July 22, 2006
I started this book today, so it should be moving on with it's partner soon.

Journal Entry 21 by weebly from Hartwell, Northamptonshire United Kingdom on Sunday, July 23, 2006
Well, that didn't take long. Another cosy read which I enjoyed relaxing and reading today. Also I have read a future book where Charles appears, so I was pleased to see where he was introduced.

Release in the 2006 Keep Them Moving Challenge. #21

Still waiting for an address from Glitterlover.

Journal Entry 22 by GlitterLover from Leyland, Lancashire United Kingdom on Wednesday, August 09, 2006
Arrived safe and sound complete with glitter - thanks Weebs.
Will read in the next week or so.

Journal Entry 23 by GlitterLover from Leyland, Lancashire United Kingdom on Tuesday, October 03, 2006
Great little read. I enjoy the bitterweeet character of Agatha. Thanks very much. PMing Rillaith now.

Journal Entry 24 by GlitterLover from Leyland, Lancashire United Kingdom on Tuesday, November 28, 2006
Rillaith no go so off to Caterina Anna today...

Journal Entry 25 by Caterinaanna from Coventry, West Midlands United Kingdom on Saturday, December 02, 2006
These arrived yesterday without warning! As there are a number of familiar names on the list, I suspect the same will be true of their onward journey. :o)

One book to go through before them, so I estimate a week or so before the next JE.

Journal Entry 26 by Caterinaanna from Coventry, West Midlands United Kingdom on Thursday, December 07, 2006
Err... this JE is actually late 'cos I succumbed and read it as part of my habitual Sunday guilt trip.

I think she deserved to be murdered, horrid woman! Fun, but not sure 'cosy' is a word I'd use purplerosebud!

Will parcel up to send on to candy-is-dandy at some point this weekend.

Released 13 yrs ago (12/9/2006 UTC) at book ring in Mailed to fellow bookcrosser, Postal Release -- Controlled Releases

Continuing on the journey

Journal Entry 28 by wingcandy-is-dandywing from Great Bardfield, Essex United Kingdom on Wednesday, December 13, 2006
Arrived safely along with Agatha R & the Perfect Paragon (the latter a welcome surprise). Thanks CaterinaAnna and sunlightbub for sharing this spiral.

Journal Entry 29 by wingcandy-is-dandywing from Great Bardfield, Essex United Kingdom on Tuesday, March 13, 2007
Having got into a bit of a pickle with a surfeit of bookrings, sunlightbub, ring organiser, has kindly agreed to stick me on the bottom of this list for these books so that we can get them moving again. Sorry for causing a traffic jam.

Off this goes to bean-frog together with AR & The Potted Gardener.

NB Welshhelen has asked to be skipped as she has acquired another copy of this.

Journal Entry 30 by bean-frog from Sheffield, South Yorkshire United Kingdom on Tuesday, April 24, 2007
Excellent book, really enjoyed it. Definitely as good as the previous ones.

Journal Entry 31 by loopy1 from Herne Bay, Kent United Kingdom on Sunday, July 15, 2007
This book arrived yesterday, along with a partner. As I'm finding these books annoying for lack of indication as to the series order, once I've figured it out I'll write in the book whether it's number 3 or 4 in the series, since the relationship with James seems to be a key driver in the order.

Journal Entry 32 by loopy1 from Herne Bay, Kent United Kingdom on Friday, August 24, 2007
I enjoyed this one probably because I've read a later book in which they meet one of the characters they first meet in here.
An enjoyable way of passing an evening, but the writing is sometimes grating on me with these books. Nevertheless, it passed the time well.

Journal Entry 33 by loopy1 from Herne Bay, Kent United Kingdom on Saturday, August 25, 2007
Iojima has asked to be removed, so I'm trying Millycat.

Journal Entry 34 by millycat from Northampton, Northamptonshire United Kingdom on Wednesday, September 19, 2007
This arrived just as we went away, so only just able to journal it & what's amazing is that in this huge series, its the very one I needed to read next! Pm ing Celtic star for addy today.

Journal Entry 35 by millycat from Northampton, Northamptonshire United Kingdom on Friday, September 21, 2007
Tucked myself up on the sofa with this and my cold, loved it - just right for an undemanding quick enjoyable read. Thanks for setting the ring up!

Journal Entry 36 by Sunnybubble from Wallasey, Merseyside United Kingdom on Sunday, September 30, 2007
After 18 months this one has finally returned home after extensive travels around the UK!!! Thanks to everyone for keeping it moving!

Hopefully I'll read number 3 and this one quite soon. Then they are both going to CiD so she can read them at leisure!!!

Journal Entry 37 by Sunnybubble from Wallasey, Merseyside United Kingdom on Friday, November 02, 2007
Took this on holiday with me and enjoyed it..I'm now sending it to CiD, along with book 3

Journal Entry 38 by wingcandy-is-dandywing from Great Bardfield, Essex United Kingdom on Wednesday, April 30, 2008
Yes! I've got this too. Will read very shortly and return to Sunny with The Potted Gardener.

Journal Entry 39 by wingcandy-is-dandywing from Great Bardfield, Essex United Kingdom on Tuesday, May 06, 2008
Another easy read though the murder storyline was a bit dull. You couldn't quite imagine any of the charcters having the guts or motivation to actually murder somone.

This ended with a question mark over whether Agatha will ever get her man so I suspect I may well continue reading the series.

Thanks for sharing sunlightbub.

Journal Entry 40 by chelseagirl from Faringdon, Oxfordshire United Kingdom on Saturday, July 12, 2008
Won in the recent blue book swap - never read anything by this author before, intrigued!!

Journal Entry 41 by chelseagirl at Faringdon, Oxfordshire United Kingdom on Thursday, December 29, 2011
This has been on the shelf for far too long - sorry! I'm moving house next month and need to do a huge book cull. I'm hoping I can find a local book crosser who'd like this for wild releasing or an OBCZ.

Journal Entry 42 by songofdarkness at Faringdon, Oxfordshire United Kingdom on Wednesday, September 12, 2012
Received from chelseagirl

Journal Entry 43 by songofdarkness at Weston-Super-Mare, Somerset United Kingdom on Monday, April 09, 2018
Having a clear out of my tbr pile.

Journal Entry 44 by songofdarkness at Weston-Super-Mare, Somerset United Kingdom on Saturday, May 05, 2018

Released 1 yr ago (5/5/2018 UTC) at Weston-Super-Mare, Somerset United Kingdom

Dear Finder of this book,

You don't have to join or sign up to bookcrossing to leave a comment but if you do join, you will receive emails to alert you when others make a journal entry for this book. This will allow you to track its travels across the world.

Please consider using me, songofdarkness, as your referral member.

Happy reading :)

Journal Entry 45 by wingReetPetitewing at Beeston, Nottinghamshire United Kingdom on Tuesday, May 08, 2018
Thanks very much for sending this book to me

Journal Entry 46 by wingReetPetitewing at -- Somewhere in Derby in Derby, Derbyshire United Kingdom on Monday, June 04, 2018

Released 1 yr ago (6/3/2018 UTC) at -- Somewhere in Derby in Derby, Derbyshire United Kingdom

Released in Derby during the Derby Book Festival