Dark Tower: Wolves of the Calla v. 5

Registered by abrokenstarr of Reading, Berkshire United Kingdom on 1/14/2006
Journal Entry 1 by abrokenstarr from Reading, Berkshire United Kingdom on Saturday, January 14, 2006
'Determined to reach the Dark Tower, gunslinger Roland and his companions emerge from the forests in the Mid-World on a path that leads to a tranquil valley community of farmers and ranchers in the borderlands. Beyond the town, the rocky ground rises towards the dark source of affliction. Danger is imminent - the Wolves of the Calla are gathering once again, their unspeakable depredation poised to threaten the soul of the community. Roland and his companions must venture all as they face an unknown adversary. And the future of the Mid-World once again faces crimson chaos.'

This is in a spiral with 1-4.

I'm currently re-reading book 4 and will re-read this before I send it on its way to:

Dazzygids
Tutleymutley
Nocton4
4orty7even
QuantumAyla
Tehuti
MissBagpuss
and back to me.

Please try to read the book in about a month if you can, this one is 800 odd pages, so I expect it will be a little longer. Just don't hang on to it for so long that I don't see it before my 30th birthday! (I'm 23). Please journal when you receive the book, and when you send it on. If the next person in the list does not answer pm's for two weeks then pm me and I will move them down the list and try to get hold of them myself.

Happy reading!

Journal Entry 2 by abrokenstarr from Reading, Berkshire United Kingdom on Friday, May 26, 2006
So, I've re-read this and I'm finally onto reading book 6 - which I haven't read before.

I remembered this book well as it was the most recent one I had read. I like it, but it still doesn't come up to the brilliance of book four for me.

Journal Entry 3 by abrokenstarr from Reading, Berkshire United Kingdom on Wednesday, August 2, 2006
Posted second class to DazzyGidds yesterday.

Journal Entry 4 by DazzyGidds from Nottingham, not specified not specified on Tuesday, September 19, 2006
Apologies for the delay in responding. I have now read this book and will package it off and send it on v shortly.

I like the way King has woven the stories of his past with this series. For instance. Father Callahan who starred in Salem's lot and who is now resident in thecalla bryn sturgis.

Susannah's dark side is awaiting to be reborn.
Jack comes of age. Roland starts to show he is mortal. Eddie shows true grit, and Oy the Billy Bumbler is just amazingly loyal and loveable.

I like Andy the Robot, agreat character.

I hope you all enjoy this as much as i do. The finale is worth the wait......

Journal Entry 5 by tutleymutley from Newton Abbot, Devon United Kingdom on Saturday, December 9, 2006
Sorry, Dazzygids - thought I'd registered this book's arrival. Had to wrest it back off my son to read - he's now hooked on this series too - and has to read it before me. We've both now finished it.
Classic Stephen King. Thoroughly enjoyable.
Can't wait to hear Susannah's Song.

Released 14 yrs ago (3/1/2007 UTC) at A fellow bookcrosser in By mail, A Bookring -- Controlled Releases

Sorry it took so long to post - My son also read it, but then it took me a while to locate Nocton4's address...

Journal Entry 7 by nocton4 from Lincoln, Lincolnshire United Kingdom on Friday, March 16, 2007
This huge book has arrived.
Thanks so much
Denise
x

Journal Entry 8 by nocton4 from Lincoln, Lincolnshire United Kingdom on Thursday, May 8, 2008
Big shame on me for having this far, far too long.
Sorry to everyone involved.

Long, slow moving and hard work ... thats describing the book although could be Me !!

Denise x

Journal Entry 9 by 4orty7even from Kingston upon Thames, Surrey United Kingdom on Monday, May 12, 2008
Arrived today - many thanks.

And it's a monster!

Looks like I'd better get cracking with the one before it, which is an even bigger monster!!!