Ink-heart's English Box
7 journalers for this copy...
and I am so excited!
I tried to find something for (almost) every taste and hope you will enjoy it.
Here are the books the box will start with:
Night over Water
The Templar's Penance
The Evidence Exposed
The Divine Wind
The Five Love Languages of Children
The Case has Altered
The Remains of the Day
The Thirty-Nine Steps
The Stars Shine down
The Matarese Countdown
Snow in April
And this is the list of the participants for the time being:
1. Please make a journal entry as soon as the box arrives.
2. Enjoy skimming through the books and take out whatever you like. Write a journal for each book taken out of the box, and make an additional note in the box journal, so that we all can keep track of its changing contents.
3. Replace the books you have taken out by new ones. - This needn't be exactly the same number (in fact, I wouldn't mind the box returning home a bit 'emptier' because there are some hardcovers in it whose space it might be hard to replace), but please make sure those after you have a wide enough range to choose from. - These books should also be listed in the box journal.
4. As to the contents and genres of the books: Everything goes. Just try to keep it a varied and interesting mixture. And there shouldn't be more than three non-fiction books at a time.
5. Please try not to keep the box longer than ten days, then send it on to the next participant.
6. Have fun! :o)))
The Evidence Exposed, Elisabeth George
The Five Love Languages Of Children, Chapmann & Campbell
Almost There, Nuala O´Faolain.
And I´ll send
Desert Flower, Waris Dirie
After Midnight, Robert Ryan
A Great Deliverance, Elisabeth George
on their ways.
Thank you so much ink-heart for starting this box! I had a great time with it :-)
I'm taking out:
Underworld - Don DeLillo
The Templar's Penance - Michael Jecks
Holes - Louis Sachar
Desert Flower - Waris Dirie
The Case has altered - Martha Grimes
The Remains of the Day - Kazuo Ishiguro
Marble Gardens - Deirdre Purcell
and these books will take their places:
I know this much is true - Wally Lamb
Wonders of the Invisible World - David Gates
Death of a Mystery Writer - Robert Barnard
Vernon God Little - DBC Pierre
The End of the Pier - Martha Grimes
Room with a View - E.M. Forster
The Notebook - Nicholas Sparks
King Lear - Shakespeare
7 Cats and the Art of Living - Jo Coudert
Snow in April - Rosamunde Pilcher
The Notebook - Nicolas Sparks
Night over Water - Ken Follett
I only put two books into it, because otherwise I can´t close the box anymore :-)
Sushi for Beginners - Marian Keyes
The Valley of horses - Jean M. Auel
WILD RELEASE NOTES:
Habe die Box gerade eben bei der Post abgegeben!
I took out the following:
The Wonders of the Invisible World
A Great Deliverance
Vernon God Little
Instead, I put in these:
The Fruitful Darkness: Reconnecting With the Body of the Earth
The Christmas Train
And Then You Die
Under the Banner of Heaven
Thanks to everyone for sending it along. I tried to keep the box well-mixed and added some bookcrossing postcards to it, which I got at a meetup some time ago.
I already asked for Mary-T's address, so the box can hopefully continue on its journey soon.
Released 12 yrs ago (2/28/2006 UTC) at
WILD RELEASE NOTES:
on its way to the next participant
Released 12 yrs ago (3/11/2006 UTC) at
WILD RELEASE NOTES:
ink-heart, thank you for this nice box! :)
I will take out:
Michael Dibdin: And then you die
Wally Lamb: I know this much is true
Jon Krakauer: Under the banner of heaven
I will fill in the following:
Ken Follett: The pillars of the earth
Herman Melville: Moby Dick
Kathleen DeMarco: Cranberry Queen
This box will be travelling again as soon as I receive YviWinters address...
- Sushi for Beginners
- Cranberry Queen
- the Christmas Train
- Darkness Descending by Harry Turtledove
- Seven Daughters of Eve by Sykes
- Ape and Essence by Aldous Huxley