Code To Zero

by Ken Follett | Mystery & Thrillers |
ISBN: 0451204530 Global Overview for this book
Registered by collectorkerri of Springfield, Illinois USA on 1/13/2006
Journal Entry 1 by collectorkerri from Springfield, Illinois USA on Friday, January 13, 2006
I've been a fan of Follett's for awhile. Picket this up at the church used book sale.

Journal Entry 2 by collectorkerri at Springfield, Illinois USA on Wednesday, October 05, 2016
I picked this up on audio from the library, so it goes onto the available stack. I may save it for the next round of my First Sentences Virtual Bookbox, as its first sentence is pretty good.

Journal Entry 3 by collectorkerri at Springfield, Illinois USA on Tuesday, May 16, 2017
It's been a while since I listened to this, but I remember it being a pretty good example of a Cold War thriller. Being a bit of a space geek, I liked the whole NASA aspect of the plot.

It is on its way to keeta1 in New Zealand as part of my First Sentences Virtual Bookbox.

Journal Entry 4 by wingkeeta1wing at Howick, Auckland Province New Zealand on Wednesday, May 24, 2017
A good choice I think.

Journal Entry 5 by wingkeeta1wing at Howick, Auckland Province New Zealand on Friday, May 11, 2018
A good read.

A man wakes up to find himself lying on the ground in a railway station, his mind stripped bare of all recollection. He has no idea how he got there; he does not even know his own name. Convinced he is a drunken down and out, it isn’t until a newspaper report about a satellite launch catches his eye that he suspects all is not what it seems…

The year is 1958, and America is about to launch its first satellite in a desperate attempt to match the Soviet Sputnik and regain the lead in the space race. As Luke Lucas gradually unravels the mystery of his amnesia, he realizes that his fate is bound up with that of the rocket that stands ready on launch pad 26B at Cape Canaveral.

And as he relearns the story of his life, he uncovers long-kept secrets about his wife, his best friend and the woman he once loved more than life itself…

Code to Zero deals with one of the most ruthlessly contested arenas of the Cold War. Deceit and betrayal, love and trust interweave at the most political and personal levels, while the spectre of mind-control hovers constantly above. Each second brings destruction closer…

Journal Entry 6 by wingkeeta1wing at Howick Post Office in Howick, Auckland Province New Zealand on Saturday, September 22, 2018

Released 5 mos ago (9/22/2018 UTC) at Howick Post Office in Howick, Auckland Province New Zealand

Welcome to BookCrossing!

Thank you for picking up this book. Please make a journal entry on the BookCrossing site (www.bookcrossing.com) to let me know that this book has found a good home with you. You may choose to remain anonymous, or to join (its free). If you join, please consider indicating that you were referred by keeta1. It’s all free, spam-free and confidential (you’re known only by your screen name and no one is ever given your e-mail address).
I hope you enjoy the book.
Happy reading!

Journal Entry 7 by wingkeeta1wing at Howick Post Office in Howick, Auckland Province New Zealand on Saturday, September 22, 2018

Welcome to BookCrossing!

I hope you enjoy the book.
Happy reading!