The Reader

by Bernhard Schlink | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by inkognitoh of London, Greater London United Kingdom on 1/13/2006
Journal Entry 1 by inkognitoh from London, Greater London United Kingdom on Friday, January 13, 2006
My old boss phoned out of the blue yesterday and took me out for a late Christmas lunch. It so happened that yesterday was also my birthday so he took me book shopping as an extra treat. We both love books a lot and I did have a say in some of the choices but this one was all his!

Journal Entry 2 by inkognitoh at London, Greater London United Kingdom on Friday, September 23, 2011
I've put off reading this book as it was seemed quite daunting (plus I've never really understood why my boss gave me a 'Nazi sex book' ;-)) but I shouldn't have left it so long.

The story was quite powerful and allowed me to look again at the holocaust from a slightly different angle even though I had believed that all perspectives and contemplations on that horrific event had been exhausted.

Journal Entry 3 by inkognitoh at BCUK Unconvention 2011 in Nottingham, Nottinghamshire United Kingdom on Sunday, September 25, 2011

Released 7 yrs ago (9/25/2011 UTC) at BCUK Unconvention 2011 in Nottingham, Nottinghamshire United Kingdom

Left on a window ledge on St Mary's Street/Close/soemthing during the final day of our annual meetup (The Uncovention). It was a good weekend, thanks for having us Nottingham.