Friends in High Places

by Donna Leon | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by schwarzer-mann of Hamburg - City, Hamburg Germany on 1/13/2006
Journal Entry 1 by schwarzer-mann from Hamburg - City, Hamburg Germany on Friday, January 13, 2006
Commissario Brunetti story (No.9)

Travelling to a BC in Rhode Island/USA (bookrelay). Have fun with the book !

Journal Entry 3 by fsr44 from Pawtucket, Rhode Island USA on Monday, March 13, 2006
Arrived today in an envelope carrying Royal Mail postage.
As promised, I have posted in the forum regarding its arrival.

Journal Entry 4 by fsr44 from Pawtucket, Rhode Island USA on Wednesday, March 29, 2006
Another terrific Brunetti mystery.
Reserved for juni623.

Journal Entry 5 by fsr44 from Pawtucket, Rhode Island USA on Wednesday, April 5, 2006
Mailing to juni623. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 6 by juni623 from Shorewood, Wisconsin USA on Sunday, April 16, 2006
Received from FSR44! Thank you!

Journal Entry 7 by juni623 from Shorewood, Wisconsin USA on Friday, May 5, 2006
This was a very enjoyable mystery. Donna Leon is now a favorite author.

Journal Entry 8 by juni623 from Shorewood, Wisconsin USA on Monday, August 21, 2006
on it's way to alescate! happy reading

Journal Entry 9 by alrescate from Strafford, Missouri USA on Monday, August 28, 2006
I was so pleased to see this on my doorstep! I'm looking forward to reading it soon.

Journal Entry 10 by alrescate from Strafford, Missouri USA on Monday, September 18, 2006
I'm really enjoying this series. Leon gives us a peek into life in Venice through the eyes of Commissario Brunetti. This look is not a white-washed tourist's postcard, but a glimpse of both the beautiful and the ugly that lurks in the corners of the city. I have to say I keep reading Leon's books because I'm delighted with the way she continues to develop the Commissario...he is more "real" that many other policemen populate the mysteries I read.

The only fault I can find with this series is Leon's proof-readers lets too many mistakes get by them.

**On the way to MJM--September 19, 2006**

Journal Entry 11 by mojosmom from Chicago, Illinois USA on Friday, January 19, 2007
Mea culpa! Mea maxima culpa! Forgetting to journal after I read the book is one thing, not journaling as soon as I get is the mortal Bookcrossing sin! Alrescate, forgive me! :-(

A good one, full of the underside of Venetian bureaucracy (which Leon makes sound as bad as Chicago's!).

Released 14 yrs ago (1/20/2007 UTC) at -- By Hand Or Post, Ray/Ring, Meet-Up, RABCK in Chicago, Illinois USA

Mailed off, with a couple of other of Leon's books to Shugga, who is just discovering the pleasures of knowing Comissario Brunetti.

Journal Entry 13 by shugga from New Bern, North Carolina USA on Wednesday, July 16, 2008
I love Dona Leon's books and this was no exception. I'll offer it to the ladies at bookclub this week.