Lost in a Good Book (A Thursday Next Novel)

by Jasper Fforde | Mystery & Thrillers |
ISBN: 0670031909 Global Overview for this book
Registered by kbgoffe of Beaverton, Oregon USA on 1/12/2006
Journal Entry 1 by kbgoffe from Beaverton, Oregon USA on Thursday, January 12, 2006
I think I enjoyed this book even more than the first. It is amazes me the imagination that Mr. Fforde sustains throughout the book. What a wonderful thing it would be to actually enter into books. I am looking forward to the next book in this series.

Book Description
The inventive, exuberant, and totally original literary fun that began with The Eyre Affair continues with Jasper Fforde’s magnificent second adventure starring the resourceful, fearless literary sleuth Thursday Next. When Landen, the love of her life, is eradicated by the corrupt multinational Goliath Corporation, Thursday must moonlight as a Prose Resource Operative of Jurisfiction—the police force inside books. She is apprenticed to the man-hating Miss Havisham from Dickens’s Great Expectations, who grudgingly shows Thursday the ropes. And she gains just enough skill to get herself in a real mess entering the pages of Poe’s "The Raven." What she really wants is to get Landen back. But this latest mission is not without further complications. Along with jumping into the works of Kafka and Austen, and even Beatrix Potter’s The Tale of the Flopsy Bunnies, Thursday finds herself the target of a series of potentially lethal coincidences, the authenticator of a newly discovered play by the Bard himself, and the only one who can prevent an unidentifiable pink sludge from engulfing all life on Earth.

This book is now off to carlissa. It will become a bookray. Enjoy!

This book was found at the Friends of the Beaverton Library’s used bookstore, the Book Corner. Most paperbacks are 50 cents and most hard covers are only $1.00! All of the proceeds go to helping support the beautiful Beaverton Library, my second home.

Journal Entry 2 by carlissa from Gainesville, Florida USA on Friday, February 17, 2006
Received in the mail today - thanks kbgoffe! I will set up a bookring for this book. I know that my daughter wants to read this series, but she wants to read some of her other 300+ books first!

Journal Entry 3 by carlissa from Gainesville, Florida USA on Saturday, March 25, 2006
This book will be starting a very short bookring. So far, the ring participants are:

1. glade1

back to Carlissa

Journal Entry 4 by glade1 from McLeansville, North Carolina USA on Thursday, March 30, 2006
Received in the mail today. I asked to be LAST on the list and I guess I am, as I'm the only one! This will be behind several other ring books but I'm reading as quickly as I can. Looking forward to this second Tuesday Next book. Thanks!

Journal Entry 5 by glade1 from McLeansville, North Carolina USA on Saturday, April 29, 2006
Another fun Thursday Next book! I think I, too, liked this one better than the first, and look forward to reading more in the series. These are lighthearted, entertaining stories that are a nice break from heavier reading. I love Fforde's wordplay (Agents Lamme & Slorter, for example, and Agents Dedmen & Walken) and sense of humor, and Thursday is an admirable character.

I have carlissa's address and will mail this back to her if I don't hear otherwise by Monday. Thanks, carlissa, for sharing this one!

Update 5-2-06: Mailed off to carlissa today.

Journal Entry 6 by carlissa from Gainesville, Florida USA on Wednesday, May 10, 2006
This book made it back to Miami! I will give to my daughter for her TBR pile. It may be awhile before she gets to reading it, so if anyone else expresses an interest, it will still be available as a bookring.

Journal Entry 7 by pkboo from Archer, Florida USA on Friday, January 26, 2007
got from my mom

Journal Entry 8 by carlissa at Goodwill in Miami, Florida USA on Sunday, April 16, 2017

Released 5 yrs ago (4/17/2017 UTC) at Goodwill in Miami, Florida USA