Trials of Tiffany Trott

by Isabel Wolff | Literature & Fiction |
ISBN: 0006512062 Global Overview for this book
Registered by MieLH of Odense, Fyns Amt Denmark on 1/11/2006
Journal Entry 1 by MieLH from Odense, Fyns Amt Denmark on Wednesday, January 11, 2006
Wee... this book was this years birthday-present from my friend allbookedup in Austria :) My birthday is in two days, but I couldn't help myself - I just had to unwrap this package! I'm looking forward to reading it.

Journal Entry 2 by MieLH from Odense, Fyns Amt Denmark on Thursday, August 31, 2006
I've decided to turn this book into a bookray when read. PM me to join :)

Participants so far:
MieLH in Denmark (ships anywhere)
mariabokmal in Sweden (ships within Sweden, international if neccessary)
Tregossip in the UK (ships anywhere)
thescreaming in USA (ships within USA)
cheli-garza in USA (ships within USA)
RaineeRose in USA (ships within USA) Book is here :)

When the final reader is finished with the book, he/she is free to do with it what he/she wants. I do encourage that the book keeps travelling. Thank you!

BookRay guidelines:

* Please journal the book once when you receive it and once when you are done with it and it's about to leave your hands.
* Please PM the next person in line and send it off to them (Give the next reader a week to reply to your PM. If there's no reply, please PM me (so I can make a note in the list above) and then PM the next reader in line)
* If at all possible please try to read the book within 45 days (I don't care if it takes you longer to finish, but please PM me, so I won't worry)
* Most of all enjoy the book - - this is not a school assignment :)

Journal Entry 3 by MieLH from Odense, Fyns Amt Denmark on Tuesday, September 26, 2006
I wonder why I keep finding it amusing to read about about these desperate women! Their whole world seem to evolve around one thing: getting a man! This one was no exception... and then, with a tiny comforting twist at the end.

A nice chick-litt read... and now the ray is off! I'll send this book to mariabokmal in Sweden tomorrow :)

Happy crossing :)

Journal Entry 4 by Mariabokmal from Malmö, Skåne Sweden on Friday, September 29, 2006
Book arrived today in the mail, very much looking forward to reading it!

Journal Entry 5 by Mariabokmal from Malmö, Skåne Sweden on Monday, October 02, 2006
Chick-lit is allways relaxing, even though this wasn't the best I've read by Isabell Wolff. I found Tiffany a bit trying. What I do like about Wolffs books is that the same people populate her books. Sometimes you can recognise one of the side characters as the main person i anothe book. That delights me!
(This time I recognised Kit and Portia, and Tiffany herself although I can't tell from which book exactly).

Book was sent to Tregossip earlier today!

Journal Entry 6 by Tregossip from St. Austell, Cornwall United Kingdom on Friday, October 06, 2006
Arrived to-day and will start soon

Journal Entry 7 by Tregossip at -- Controlled release in St. Austell, Cornwall United Kingdom on Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Released 14 yrs ago (10/12/2006 UTC) at -- Controlled release in St. Austell, Cornwall United Kingdom

Isabel Wolff writes good chick-lit, but where she leaves others behind is in her writing skills as Tiffany irritated me.
Not as sharp as "Out of the Blue" but a good read with dry, sometimes understated humour
Thanks MieLH for sharing

Off to thescreaming USA Air-Mail, should be with you in 5/6 days (surface takes 6/8 weeks)
Enjoy

Journal Entry 8 by thescreaming from Cumberland, Maryland USA on Tuesday, October 17, 2006
This was waiting for me when I came home from work about a half hour ago. The mailman left it sitting on the steps and we had a downpour today so the book is a little soggy, but it is still in readable condition. I have a book to finish before I can start on this one, so hopefully that won't be too long.

Is readable a word or did I just make that up?

Journal Entry 9 by thescreaming from Cumberland, Maryland USA on Monday, October 30, 2006
This was a rather good piece of chick lit. I loved Tiffany's sarcastic attitude, and everything she wished she would have said out loud (I think we all have those moments). It's been a while since I read a book by Isabel Wolff, now I'm going to make a mental note to look for more of her recent ones.

PMing chile-garza to pass it on; hopefully finances will allow me to have it posted by the end of the week.

Journal Entry 10 by thescreaming at virginia Ave. post office in Cumberland, Maryland USA on Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Released 14 yrs ago (11/1/2006 UTC) at virginia Ave. post office in Cumberland, Maryland USA

Sending off to cheli-garza via Medial Mail!

Journal Entry 11 by cheli-garza from Dallas, Texas USA on Saturday, November 11, 2006
This arrived today. Yay! Thanks for starting up this ray, MieLH. :)

Journal Entry 12 by cheli-garza from Dallas, Texas USA on Saturday, December 09, 2006
What can I say? I don't know if I liked it or not. It took me a while to read since sometimes the pace was pretty quick & other times I just couldn't bear to pick the book up again!

Okay, okay. I did enjoy it. It just has one of those endings that I so dislike. One of those "did she, didn't she?" endings. That drives me crazy! At least her hunt for a man is over... or is it? (See what I mean?)

PMd raineerose for address & I'll get this out in the mail as soon as I get her address.
12/12- This is going in the mail tomorrow.

Journal Entry 13 by RaineeRose from Rochester, New York USA on Wednesday, December 20, 2006
Arrived today! I have a couple of books before it but will read it and send it on to the next person as soon as possible. Thanks!

ETA: Oops, I guess I'm the last person. If it's okay with the ray's originator, I will wild-release this book when I'm done. Please let me know.

Journal Entry 14 by RaineeRose from Rochester, New York USA on Thursday, September 27, 2007
This book is evidence of how far behind I've become! In my defense, though, I had a baby in February 2007, so I have a bit of an excuse for having gotten so far behind with this journal entry. ;)

Truthfully, I can no longer remember what I thought of this book. I know I enjoyed it, but I don't remember any of the details. What made me remember this entry was the fact that I just finished another book by this author, "Out of the Blue." I enjoyed that one as well -- except for the fact that I think Wolff tends to write more than she needs to; the storylines seem to get a big dragged out. I remember thinking that about this book as well.

As I wrote in my previous entry, I'd like to wild release this book. Thanks for starting this ray, MieLH!