Eleven on Top (A Stephanie Plum Novel)

by Janet Evanovich | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by noumena12 of Dayton, Ohio USA on 1/6/2006
Journal Entry 1 by noumena12 from Dayton, Ohio USA on Friday, January 06, 2006
Received from one of my Women in Leadership sisters at our holiday party book swap!

FROM THE PUBLISHER
"Stephanie Plum is thinking her career as a fugitive apprehension agent has run its course. She's been shot at, spat at, cussed at, fire-bombed, mooned, and attacked by dogs. Time for a change, Stephanie thinks. Time to find the kind of job her mother can tell her friends about without making the sign of the cross." So Stephanie Plum quits. Resigns. No looking back. No changing her mind. She wants something safe and normal. As it turns out, jobs that are safe and normal for most people aren't necessarily safe and normal for Stephanie Plum. Trouble follows her, and the kind of trouble she had at the bail bonds office can't compare to the kind of trouble she finds herself facing now. Her past has come back to haunt her. She's stalked by a maniac returned from the grave for the sole purpose of putting her into a burial plot of her own. He's killed before and he'll kill again if given the chance. Caught between staying far away from the bounty hunter business and staying alive, Stephanie reexamines her life and the possibility that being a bounty hunter is the solution rather than the problem. After disturbingly brief careers at the button factory, Kan Klean Dry Cleaners, and Cluck-in-a-Bucket, Stephanie takes an office position in security, working for Ranger, the sexiest, baddest bounty hunter and businessman on two continents. It might not be the job she'll keep for the rest of her life, but for now it gives her the technical access she needs to find her stalker. Tempers and temperatures rise as competition ratchets up between the two men in her life - her on-again, off-again boyfriend, tough Trenton cop Joe Morelli, and her badass boss, Ranger.

Journal Entry 2 by Ri from Cincinnati, Ohio USA on Friday, April 21, 2006
I got this one at the 2006 Bookcrossing Anniversary Convention. Thanks so much!!

Journal Entry 3 by Ri from Cincinnati, Ohio USA on Friday, May 19, 2006
I think this has been my favorite Stephanie Plum book so far! Poor girl can not hold down a job! It reminded me of some of my jobs from hell! The one thing that bothers me though is that Morelli and Ranger are supposed to be so sexy. From the descriptions, all I can think of are Tony Danza and The Rock. Ick and double ick!!

I'm going to be RABCKing this to someone special...

Journal Entry 4 by Helly77 from Preston, Lancashire United Kingdom on Saturday, January 20, 2007
received safe and well along with the rest of my MBag :)

thanks so much xoxoxo