Good Grief

by Lolly Winston | Literature & Fiction | This book has not been rated.
Registered by goatgrrl of New Westminster, British Columbia Canada on 1/7/2006
Journal Entry 1 by goatgrrl from New Westminster, British Columbia Canada on Saturday, January 7, 2006
Passed along as part of a post-Christmas bag of hand-me-down books by my boss, Lucie, and added to my TBR pile.

Journal Entry 2 by goatgrrl from New Westminster, British Columbia Canada on Wednesday, March 15, 2006
The story of thirty-six year old Sophie Stanton, who loses her husband of three years to Hodgkins' disease and has to start life over again in the small town of Ashland, Oregon as a widow. A harrowing storyline, treated in a decidedly fluffy and simplistic way (think chick-lit for the middle aged: girl loses husband to gruesome cancer death, girl meets boy, everything ends happily). I really couldn't recommend this one, but maybe someone will be pleased to find it in a coffee shop. (It did get me through the wee hours of the morning last night, following a particularly nasty nightmare about spiders.)

Journal Entry 3 by goatgrrl from New Westminster, British Columbia Canada on Monday, March 27, 2006
Passed along to my colleague and friend, Kathy.