Liberty Falling (Anna Pigeon Mysteries (Paperback))

by Nevada Barr | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by DreissM of Houston, Texas USA on 1/3/2006
Journal Entry 1 by DreissM from Houston, Texas USA on Tuesday, January 03, 2006
This is a picture I took in Joshua Tree National Park.

As I have really enjoyed all of the Anna Pigeon series, I bought a hardback for my personal collection and this paperback for release.

Journal Entry 2 by DreissM at Via www.rabck.com in Vantaa, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Released 13 yrs ago (1/3/2006 UTC) at Via www.rabck.com in Vantaa, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland

Sending off via www.rabck.com

Journal Entry 3 by wingSemmingwing from Jyväskylä, Keski-Suomi / Mellersta Finland Finland on Tuesday, January 10, 2006
Thank you, DreissM! This came through the mail while we were spending our extended Christmas holiday in Central Finland. We came home today and I found a packet waiting for me. :) The book is very interesting and it's perfect reading for these dark winter nights. :)

Journal Entry 4 by wingSemmingwing from Jyväskylä, Keski-Suomi / Mellersta Finland Finland on Thursday, February 09, 2006
Just finished reading this and I'm a fan! I loved Anna Pigeon and her park ranger experience and will definitely read all the books available. :) In this book I especially enjoyed the behind-the-scenes information on the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island, both very faraway places looking from Finland. I ended up googling both locations and found passenger arrival records available at the Ellis Island's website (http://www.ellisisland.org/). Many Finns sailed to America during the tough years, in search of better opportunities. Finland's population is currently 5.2 million - such a small country that almost all Finns have, somewhere in the line, relatives who have moved to America. It's not so far away, after all...

Journal Entry 5 by wingSemmingwing from Jyväskylä, Keski-Suomi / Mellersta Finland Finland on Saturday, February 11, 2006
Gave this to a fellow bookcrosser after a nice evening of board games.

Journal Entry 6 by zayah from Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Tuesday, February 14, 2006
I got this book from Semming a few days back, hope to read it soon!

Journal Entry 7 by zayah from Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Saturday, March 25, 2006
Whoa! I became an Anna Pigeon fan as well :)

I'm not very much into detective stories, but this one was fresh and differend, I had to finish it fast when I started. For once there was a reasonable, realistic, witty lady as the main character. The place of action was also interesting, though I probably missed some hints and details not being an american. I could go on for longer, but to make a long story short, I really loved reading this and must get more, thanks DreissM and Semming :)

I'll return this book back to Semming soon.