Good Earth, The

by Pearl S. Buck | Literature & Fiction | This book has not been rated.
Registered by rhythmbiscuit of Northglenn, Colorado USA on 12/28/2005
Journal Entry 1 by rhythmbiscuit from Northglenn, Colorado USA on Wednesday, December 28, 2005
My Aunt Jan gave this book to me.

From Amazon.com:

"Though more than sixty years have passed since this remarkable novel won the Pulitzer Prize, it has retained its popularity and become one of the great modern classics. "I can only write what I know, and I know nothing but China, having always lived there," wrote Pearl Buck. In The Good Earth she presents a graphic view of a China when the last emperor reigned and the vast political and social upheavals of the twentieth century were but distant rumblings for the ordinary people. This moving, classic story of the honest farmer Wang Lung and his selfless wife O-lan is must reading for those who would fully appreciate the sweeping changes that have occurred in the lives of the Chinese people during this century.

Nobel Prize winner Pearl S. Buck traces the whole cycle of life: its terrors, its passions, its ambitions and rewards. Her brilliant novel -- beloved by millions of readers -- is a universal tale of the destiny of man."

Journal Entry 2 by rhythmbiscuit from Northglenn, Colorado USA on Saturday, September 22, 2007
This book is reserved for the Pulitzer Prize Winner release challenge. I hope to read and release.

1932 Novel Winner

Journal Entry 3 by rhythmbiscuit at Northglenn, Colorado USA on Wednesday, May 4, 2022

Released 2 mos ago (5/4/2022 UTC) at Northglenn, Colorado USA

Released in the Variety Diminishing Bookbox Ray #1. Enjoy!