My Favorite Mistake

by Stephanie Bond | Romance |
Registered by terrafreaky of Overland Park, Kansas USA on 12/20/2005
Journal Entry 1 by terrafreaky from Overland Park, Kansas USA on Tuesday, December 20, 2005
Rec'd via Frugalreader.com

A tax audit brings Denise Cooke and her ex-husband Redford back together. Three years were not enough to make her forget his logic defying effect, and she fears that seeing him again will once again awaken her best-forgotten wild side. Certainly their brief time together in Las Vegas was proof enough that she was incapable of maintaining her ordinary logic where Redford Demoss is concerned. While their marriage lasted long enough to file taxes together, their subsequent annulment prevented any further contact until now.

Denise has never told current boyfriend about her first husband. While their relationship lacks the vivid spark that characterized her relationship with Redmond, it is stable, comfortable and predictable. After two years of mild courtship, she accepts his proposal just before she must see Redford again. And while the conclusion of this story might seem rather inevitable given the genre, the humor, levity and delight of the journey makes MY FAVORITE MISTAKE a delightful read.

Author Stephanie Bond pens a vividly refreshing romance in MY FAVORITE MISTAKE. Perhaps her own past corporate world lends the fabulously entertaining heroine her convincing charm. While Ms Bond's background is computing and Denise Cooke's is financials, the commonality of the carefully controlled office experience lends the novel a crisp reality while sensual temptation gives Denise an even more convincing edge. From the running of the brides and Denise's ongoing eBay bid to get her dress back, to the sensual temptation of the hunky former marine, Ms Bond's deft, first person narrative departs from Harlequin's usual narrative style. Indeed, MY FAVORITE MISTAKE certainly illustrates the author's gift for weaving original, brilliant romance that readers find impossible to put down. MY FAVORITE MISTAKE comes very highly recommended.

Journal Entry 2 by terrafreaky from Overland Park, Kansas USA on Monday, February 13, 2006
Loved this! Devoured it in a day! I picked this up because I'd read a short story by Stephanie Bond & loved it. I'll have to seek out more of her work.

Things that I liked about this story - the bargain-hunting/eBay selling heroine, the hot loveable hero, the chemistry between the characters, & the Manhattan setting. (I'm planning my first trip there in May so any book set in NYC is a huge bonus!) The writing was very smooth-flowing & easy to read. I'd recommend to any romance fan.

Journal Entry 3 by terrafreaky from Overland Park, Kansas USA on Thursday, May 18, 2006
Reserved for Noumena12 - relayers VBB.

Mailing to Nou 5/31/06.

Journal Entry 4 by noumena12 from Dayton, Ohio USA on Friday, June 02, 2006
Big book day for me! Arrived today with 5 other books. Thanks!

Journal Entry 5 by noumena12 from Dayton, Ohio USA on Thursday, March 01, 2007
Gave to the woman who did my massage at The Peninsula Hotel in Manila. Happy Reading!