My Sister's Keeper

by Jodi Picoult | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by Ftarazu of Ovar, Aveiro Portugal on 12/19/2005
Journal Entry 1 by Ftarazu from Ovar, Aveiro Portugal on Monday, December 19, 2005
"In my first memory, I am three years old and I am trying to kill my sister. Sometimes, the recollection is so clear I can remember the itch of the pillowcase under my hand, the sharp point of her nose pressing into my palm...

"Anna is not sick, but she might as well be. By age thirteen, she has undergone countless sirurgeries, transfusions, and injectios to help her sister, Kate, fight leukaemia. Anna was born for this purpose, her parents tell her, which is why they love her even more.

But now she can't help but wonder what her life would be like if it weren't tied to her sister's...and so she makes a decision that for most, at any age, would be too difficult to bear, and sues her parents for the rights to her own body."

Journal Entry 2 by Ftarazu from Ovar, Aveiro Portugal on Wednesday, October 31, 2007
This was an amazing book; one of those that you just want to read it in one time...The story is very interesting: should you have a child just to be a donor for a sibling? At first I was totally on Anna’s side but then when starting to read the arguments of the parents I could understand also their point of view… But at a certain point in the book you have some very puzzling information and you start second guessing…While reading it I had a swirl of emotions and thoughts which culminated with a very inspected ending….
A must read!