Eleven on Top (A Stephanie Plum Novel)

by Janet Evanovich | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by KarinAlyssa on 12/17/2005
Journal Entry 1 by KarinAlyssa on Saturday, December 17, 2005
Received from DoubleDay bookclub, I can't wait to read it.

Stephanie Plum, Trenton's favorite bondswoman, is having a career crisis, which gives Janet Evanovich plenty of opportunities to showcase her series heroine in a variety of alternative vocations, from dry cleaner to factory worker. Most of them don't last a full working day, which is good for the reader, since it plunges Stephanie back into the always seedy, often dangerous, and always colorful world of fugitives who'd rather flee than face their day in court. She may be tired of having her life threatened, her cars torched or blown up, and her apartment broken into, but one thing she can say about her job is that it's never boring... and neither is she. Despite her intentions of going straight at a job with a little more security and a bit less excitement, an old client won't let her--he keeps leaving her threatening notes, stalking and scaring her, and making sure she needs the protection of the two men in her life--Joe Morelli, the sexy cop who's been bedding her since high school, and Ranger, the even sexier tough guy who can take down the meanest fugitive around but has a tender spot in his heart for the plucky Ms. Plum. All Evanovich fans' favorite characters people this sprightly caper novel, including Lula, the fast-food-chomping former hooker who's hot to take over Stephanie's job but really belongs in a WWE Takedown; Grandma Mazur, who'd rather go to a wake than a fancy-dress ball; Grandma Bella, the matriarch of the Corelli family whose evil eye frightens even the indomitable Stephanie; and Valerie, Stephanie's sister, who's about to embark on another trip to the altar.

Journal Entry 2 by KarinAlyssa on Sunday, May 07, 2006
Hilarious Stephanie Plum ! I think it's the best in the series for now because she has finally realized that maybe she is not cut to be a bountyhunter and also because Morelli and Ranger are both present... From chapter to chapter, I kept changing my mind on whom she should choose almost like she did and I still don't know who she should choose, but I'm sure that when I'll read 12 Sharp I might have a better idea.

Reserved for Camis via Xall

Journal Entry 3 by KarinAlyssa at by Mail in BookRelay.Com, Bookrelay -- Controlled Releases on Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Released 12 yrs ago (5/16/2006 UTC) at by Mail in BookRelay.Com, Bookrelay -- Controlled Releases

Chosen by Camis in the Fort Holders Swap. it was mailed to Xallroyx for her mbag. Enjoy Julie !

Journal Entry 4 by xallroyx from Huntington Beach, California USA on Wednesday, May 31, 2006
reserved for camis' m-bag!

Journal Entry 5 by xallroyx from Huntington Beach, California USA on Wednesday, October 11, 2006
mailed today to camis!

Journal Entry 6 by camis from Norwich, Norfolk United Kingdom on Tuesday, November 28, 2006
Received safely in my m-bag - thank you!

Journal Entry 7 by camis from Norwich, Norfolk United Kingdom on Sunday, February 25, 2007
Really enjoyed this a fun. quick read. When will she make up her mind?? Although not sure I could choose between those two men!

Can't wait to read the next one now.

Journal Entry 8 by camis from Norwich, Norfolk United Kingdom on Thursday, March 01, 2007
Sending to Purplerosebud from a swap.

Journal Entry 9 by purplerosebud from Petersfield, Hampshire United Kingdom on Wednesday, March 07, 2007
Arrived today many thanks! I was delighted to win this in the bookswap game as I love this series of books. Just a couple to read before this one.

Journal Entry 10 by purplerosebud from Petersfield, Hampshire United Kingdom on Saturday, March 21, 2009
I've managed to hold back for a whole year before starting on this book but once started it was unputdownable. I really love this series of books. It's amazing how the author keeps coming up with more books and they just get better and better, no question of the stories wearing thin. The Ranger/Morelli contest just keeps going on and some of the lines are just so full on funny that I have to stop, go back and read them again. I normally give a 9 but this time I've given a 10. I don't know how they could get better but I just hope they never stop!

Not sure where the book will be going next, will have to check my bookcrossing friends who are Stephanie Plum readers to see who is wanting No 11. Thanks so much for sharing, it was a delight!