Lolita (Vintage International)

by Vladimir Nabokov | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by saram23 of Lowell, Massachusetts USA on 6/2/2006
Journal Entry 1 by saram23 from Lowell, Massachusetts USA on Friday, June 02, 2006
Pre-numbered label used for registration.

Journal Entry 2 by saram23 from Lowell, Massachusetts USA on Friday, June 02, 2006
This book is going to be restarting my previous Lolita bookray. More information to follow.

Journal Entry 3 by saram23 from Lowell, Massachusetts USA on Thursday, June 15, 2006
This book is being used to revive a dead bookray of my previous copy of Lolita. The three remaining particpants are:
cheli-garza
tish2002 ------- Book Is Here
mysterylady36

I hope this copy doesn't get lost as well. I will post when the book is mailed out.

Journal Entry 4 by cheli-garza from Dallas, Texas USA on Saturday, July 01, 2006
This came in yesterday's mail. I don't like the cover. It's way too suggestive for such reading material! But the way it reads, the way the words flow is so bewitching. It's like Scar on The Lion King. So suave, such a way with words, but you just have to hate him.

Then, later on last night I watched Law & Order. The episode was about a child molester who'd abused many many children over the years, yet nobody wanted to testify against him because he would give children free piano lessons! Can you believe it??

I am almost finished with my current read, so should get to this one shortly. Thanks so much for including me, saram23!!

Journal Entry 5 by cheli-garza from Dallas, Texas USA on Tuesday, July 18, 2006
There are parts of the book that make me wonder who's being taken advantage of. At times, it's hard to tell. Then I remember Lolita's age. Her measurements. Yes, she's going to be a flirt. Lots of little girls ARE flirts. It's part of being a little girl. It's her way of playing at being the woman she will become one day.

A responsible adult man would have stepped back. Would have put her gently back into her place without hurting her newfound feminine pride. It's such a waste. Who knows who Lolita could have become and what she could have done with her life?

PMing tish2002 for an address, then this will go in the mail.

7/22/2006- going out in today's mail.

Journal Entry 6 by tish2002 on Monday, July 31, 2006
I got this today. I'm going to start reading it tonight. I'll journal again as soon as I finish. Thank-you so much for reviving this bookray saram23. Thank-you too cheli-garza for passing it on to me.

Journal Entry 7 by tish2002 on Thursday, August 17, 2006
I really liked the writing style. I think the story is pretty sick though. I'm sure it is an accurate portrayal of a child molester.

The dictionary definition of Lolita is "A seductive adolescent girl". I find it appalling that society buys into the pervert's side of the story so easily. In every child molester's mind, his victim is seducing him and leading him on. Lolita, being a child, should be blameless. Too bad the definition for Lolita isn't victim or abused child.

It is so scary to read this and think of this man stalking this child, looking for an opportunity to prey on her. He pretends to be a normal husband to Lolita's mother, while all this sick stuff goes on in his mind. He lies, manipulates, and plans his evil deeds. He even contemplates murder of her mother. I'm scared to think how often this probably happens in real life, molestors portraying themselves as normal step-parents.

I've sent two pms, but so far no luck getting an address from mysterylady36.

9/11/06 No luck getting ahold of mysterylady36 even after leaving an ISO message on the forums. saram23 told me to do what I wish with the book if I didn't reach her. I will find another home for this book.

Dc# 420774499102805213907444124282