Warchild (Star Trek Deep Space Nine, No 7)

by Esther Friesner | Science Fiction & Fantasy |
Registered by hak42 of Durham, New Hampshire USA on 12/13/2005
Journal Entry 1 by hak42 from Durham, New Hampshire USA on Tuesday, December 13, 2005
I remember really liking this book. Bashir had a significant and interesting role in this story.

Journal Entry 2 by hak42 from Durham, New Hampshire USA on Monday, December 26, 2005
Shipped as part of my Star Trek Bookbox.

Journal Entry 3 by Ibis3 from Newcastle, Ontario Canada on Sunday, January 22, 2006
Picked this one out from bookbox.

Journal Entry 4 by Ibis3 at Ottawa, Ontario Canada on Wednesday, February 09, 2011
I'm not the biggest fan of DS9, but hey, a ST novel is a ST novel. This one wasn't so badly written as some I've encountered, but the premise was extremely dull. I really have no patience for the whole mystical Bajoran monk thing. So at about 120 pages in I decided just to skim the rest. It got a little more interesting but a lot more silly. I mean, Dr. Bashir moping around on arrival, then going off on his own to avoid orders that he doesn't even know for sure are coming (after all, Sisko did send him to the planet in the first place; he'd trust his judgement to know when the job is done), and then falling in love with the first girl he meets? Yeah, okaaaay. I knew fairly early that the Cedra kid was the Nekor and a girl, but what was with the psychotic personality changes? One moment speaking like a fortune cookie, the next biting people? Anyway, not a great one by any means.

I'm still on BC "strike" so I'm marking it available. Hopefully some time soon I can wild release it. (Note to hak42: I'm slowly working my way through the bookbox pile...finally!)