Paris to the Moon

by Adam Gopnik | Travel | This book has not been rated.
Registered by IBuy2ManyBooks of Edmonton, Alberta Canada on 11/4/2002
Journal Entry 1 by IBuy2ManyBooks from Edmonton, Alberta Canada on Monday, November 04, 2002
Dear Spiritdancer

I live in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. I joined the same day you did (today). I came across the review you did for Paris to the Moon. I tried to message you but you did not have this set up. I thought I'd try to make the first book I would try to catch this one since it sounded good AND there was that Same Day/Today thing going on. It seemed so fresh.

So I attempted to get this book by telephone. I wanted to try and see it I could get free long distance on my new evenings and weekends feature on my new cell. I bus (huge distance to work, 1-1/2 hr one way --hence the cell) so making my first catch on foot was less appealing in the first place. The cool factor of scooping it long-distance was really the big thing though. That and the immediacy of it. It'll be fun to do it "manually" later but this one was different. However, it was not to be.

The Manager of the Jamba Juice was reasonably friendly but not willing to be helpful ("we don't do that kind of thing"--apparently she is of the hurts sales faction--I told her at the beginning that if she would retrieve it, if it was still there (7:15pm Edmonton Time), I would put the big envelope with a whole lot of SASS ahem I mean SAS-E in the mail tomorrow and when she got it she could send it to me--but she seemed to think it was a corporate decision "or something".

Therefore, onto Plan B! I would like to request that you provide me with your e-mail address (that is, if you don't mind) and we correspond. Then, perhaps you could tell me who ended up with it. Also, perhaps we could send something directly to each other later when we have compared lists and each found a title worthy of exchanging. I think I know of a extremely cool way to do this (very low-cost & maybe even free) that doesn't violate any laws (copyright or otherwise) and is, if I do say so myself "in my NSHO", a quite unique way.

Best wishes

IBuy2ManyBooks

P.S. Since this is obviously an open letter. I am not noting my e-mail address DIRECTLY. You can just message me (as can anyone with NICE things to say).
Looking forward to a reply. And happy hunting fellow newbie.

IB2MB