Second Anti Coloring Book

by Susan Striker | Arts & Photography |
Registered by caligula03 of Hayward, California USA on 12/8/2005
Journal Entry 1 by caligula03 from Hayward, California USA on Thursday, December 08, 2005
I loved these books as a kid. I got this copy from a retired school teacher and it appears to be unused. I shall offer this up as a ring to see what creativity it can inspire in other BookCrossers.

Each participant may do 1 or 2 pictures. Please leave your BC name by the pages that you do. If there are pages left (and I expect there will be), I'll reoffer the book for a second ring after scanning and posting the results of the first ring. Have fun! :)

The participants

• Megi53 -- Virginia -- International
  • gnissorckoob -- Florida -- International
  • lilmztaz -- SC -- ??
  • librarymousie -- NH -- International
  • marriedfairy -- AL -- USA
  • Suefitz -- CA -- International
  • caligula03 -- CA -- home to me. :)

Journal Entry 2 by caligula03 at on Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Released 14 yrs ago (2/2/2006 UTC) at

Mailing to Megi53 to get the bookring started.

Journal Entry 3 by Megi53 from Danville, Virginia USA on Thursday, February 09, 2006
I just got this in the mail! I couldn't resist flipping through it right away. My favorite pages, at first glance, are the kissing contest and the boat to travel around the world. I'll mull some more on it this weekend (and there's an introduction to read, too).

Thanks, Sarah, this is going to be fun!

Journal Entry 4 by Megi53 from Danville, Virginia USA on Tuesday, February 21, 2006
I colored the kissing contest page, and had a great time doing it!

Another page I considered was the very last one, which instructs the artist to insert a modern house between two Victorian mansions. The idea reminded me of my neighborhood -- we have a half-dozen Lustrons mingled with Federal-style brick homes -- but in the end, I didn't feel up to the challenge of coloring the minutely-detailed gingerbread on the existing houses in the book.

That's the only quibble I had -- many pre-drawn outlines were in the pictures, conflicting with the authors' ideal that children should draw freely.

It was enjoyable mental exercise, anyway. Some other pages that tempted me to color them were "Presenting the King and Queen" and the "Underground House".

Mailing to gnissorkoob today.

Journal Entry 5 by gnissorckoob from Miami, Florida USA on Sunday, March 05, 2006
It's here. I didn't know what to expect, but this is great. Have not decided what to do. "What do you think the tooth fairy looks like?" is a possibility.

Journal Entry 6 by gnissorckoob from Miami, Florida USA on Tuesday, June 27, 2006
Sorry I kept this over-long. I did the tooth fairy and the underground house. I agree with Megi about the book being a fun mental exercise beyond the actual coloring. Ready to mail to lilmztaz. And again, I apologize for keeping it on my desk so long.

Mailed 06/29/06.

Journal Entry 7 by lilmztaz from Blythewood, South Carolina USA on Thursday, July 06, 2006
I have to figure out which page I want to do I picked my 2 favs. I am checking ebay to get 3 for my nephews and nieces for christmas.

Journal Entry 8 by lilmztaz from Blythewood, South Carolina USA on Thursday, July 06, 2006
This was awesome. I picked the design the book cover I also did the subway with my daughter(sorry) and my nephew and sister in-law.

Journal Entry 9 by librarymousie from Portsmouth, New Hampshire USA on Tuesday, July 25, 2006
Oh, man, does this ever look fun. Tomorrow is my last day of summer classes, so as soon as my work is finished I'll be able to play! Everything looks so fun--how to choose? I hope my design, whatever it may be, stacks up to the wonderful creations you all have done so far!