The Penelopiad

by Margaret Atwood | Literature & Fiction |
ISBN: 067697418x Global Overview for this book
Registered by crazy-book-lady of Toronto, Ontario Canada on 12/1/2005
Journal Entry 1 by crazy-book-lady from Toronto, Ontario Canada on Thursday, December 01, 2005
This book tells Penelope's side of The Odyssey story (as she waits 20 years for Odysseus to return from the Trojan war). Margaret Atwood does a good job, but the original is better. This would be a good follow up book for anyone reading The Odyssey.

Journal Entry 2 by crazy-book-lady from Toronto, Ontario Canada on Saturday, February 18, 2006
Reserved for geishabird.

Journal Entry 3 by geishabird from Toronto, Ontario Canada on Sunday, April 30, 2006
Sorry I didn't journal this earlier; I couldn't find the BCID! But aha, there it is... :) Thanks for this, I've read some interesting things about it.

Journal Entry 4 by geishabird from Toronto, Ontario Canada on Tuesday, February 05, 2008
I enjoyed this; it's quite amusing, full of Atwood's trademark slyness, but also threaded with something darker throughout. Nicely done.

This is reserved for cowgirl-up, as promised.

UPDATE: Mailed to cowgirl-up on February 15th.

Journal Entry 5 by cowgirl-up from Springfield, Ohio USA on Tuesday, February 26, 2008
Thank you so much for the generous RABCK. I can't wait to read it!

Journal Entry 6 by cowgirl-up from Springfield, Ohio USA on Thursday, July 23, 2009
I really enjoyed this book. It wasn't at all what I expected. While the story itself was serious and deep, the "performances" by the maids were hysterical. This is only the 2nd work I've read by Atwood (after The Handmaid's Tale) and it makes me look forward to reading more of her works.

Journal Entry 7 by cowgirl-up at Frankfort, Ohio USA on Tuesday, March 09, 2010

Released 9 yrs ago (3/1/2010 UTC) at Frankfort, Ohio USA

Mailed off via the BookSwap feature over on goodreads.com.

Journal Entry 8 by cowgirl-up at Frankfort, Ohio USA on Tuesday, March 09, 2010

Mailed off via the BookSwap feature over on goodreads.com.