The More I See of Men the More I Love My Dog.... (Summersdale Humour)

by Olivia Edward, Alex Hallett | Pets & Animals |
Registered by Amberkatze of Wien Bezirk 10 - Favoriten, Wien Austria on 11/27/2005
Journal Entry 1 by Amberkatze from Wien Bezirk 10 - Favoriten, Wien Austria on Sunday, November 27, 2005
A funny pocket size book with little cartoons and sentances.

Journal Entry 2 by Amberkatze from Wien Bezirk 10 - Favoriten, Wien Austria on Monday, January 02, 2006
I have been asked to ring this book! If you are interested in joining please PM me!

Please make a journal entry as soon as you recieve the book and also when you send it to the next person. Then we know where the book is!

This is a really small so please try and keep it moving! When you are finished with the book please PM the next person on the list and ask for their address so you can send it on to them!

This ring is open to join so please PM me if you are interested!

List of participants -

1 - Catbook in Germany <-- Completed!
2 - Heydie in Germany <-- Completed!
3 - -Tinkerbell- in Germany <-- Completed!
4 - Diorissimo in the Netherlands <-- Completed!
5 - Rubine in France <-- Completed!
6 - micazy in Portugal <-- Completed!
7 - sofiacavaco in Portugal <--Completed!
8 - books-for-ever- in Portugal<-- Completed!
9 - nikel27 in Germany <-- Completed!
10 - jessibud in Canada <-- Completed!

This list may change if more people join!

Journal Entry 3 by wingCatbookwing from Datteln, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on Tuesday, January 17, 2006
This tiny book arrived save and properly at my place today. Will take me a few days to read, because I start on a short trip today...

Journal Entry 4 by wingCatbookwing from Datteln, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on Tuesday, February 07, 2006
Sorry, it took me some time to find time to read this funny little book. Now I´ve read it and still have a smile on my face...
The book started travelling again today direction Heydie.

Journal Entry 5 by HeikeRenate from Wiesbaden, Hessen Germany on Wednesday, February 08, 2006
Der Hund ist angekommen :o) Danke für das Leckerli!!!

The dog arrived :o) Thanks for the sweets!!!

Journal Entry 6 by HeikeRenate from Wiesbaden, Hessen Germany on Wednesday, February 08, 2006
A very funny book even though it is really clichéd... But it shows that dogs are our best friends. My favourite is: "Dogs don't snigger at your inability to throw overarm when you are playing Fetch." (The picture is great!)

I'll give the book to -Tinkerbell- who is my daughter, as you all know ;o)

Ein sehr witziges Buch auch wenn es wirklich klischeehaft ist... Aber es zeigt, dass Hunde unsere besten Freunde sind. Mein Favorit ist: "Hunde belächeln deine Unfähigkeit über Kopf zu werfen nicht, wenn du mit ihnen "Stöckchen-Holen" spielst." (Das Bild ist klasse!!!)

I gebe das Buch gleich an -Tinkerbell- weiter, die meine Tochter ist, wie ihr ja alle wisst ;o)

Journal Entry 7 by Diorissimo from Ménigoute, Poitou-Charentes France on Tuesday, February 21, 2006
Lovely little book, thank you, it look real funny!

Journal Entry 8 by Diorissimo from Ménigoute, Poitou-Charentes France on Friday, February 24, 2006
Very funny, I like it !

"Dogs don't complain when you are late. In fact, they are happier to see you than if you had been on time."

That one is missing is the book :
"Dogs always love your cooking. No matter what."

The book goes to Rubine as soon as I get her adres (edit: is leaving today, 3rd of March).

Journal Entry 9 by Rubine from Thonon-les-Bains, Rhône-Alpes France on Thursday, March 16, 2006
Un petit cadeau tout rose dans ma boite aux lettres ! Merci :))))

Journal Entry 10 by Amberkatze from Wien Bezirk 10 - Favoriten, Wien Austria on Tuesday, May 09, 2006
To Rubine!

I have Pm'd you on many occasions over the last month asking if this book has moved on and have also posted on the French forum. Please get in contact with me and let me know where this book is or send it on to the next person. This is the last way I can think of contacting you.

Journal Entry 11 by micazy from Costa da Caparica, Setúbal Portugal on Saturday, May 20, 2006
Arrived! Thanks.

Journal Entry 12 by micazy from Costa da Caparica, Setúbal Portugal on Tuesday, May 30, 2006
Very funny!

My favourite is on page 20:

It is highly unlikely that you will be seized by an overwhelming desire to take your best friend's dog home for the night (but if you do, you can take it back in the morning and there will be no hard feelings).

Sent it today to sofiacavaco

Journal Entry 13 by 0807186271BC on Thursday, June 01, 2006
It arrived today! It's so small.... :D

Journal Entry 14 by 0807186271BC on Tuesday, June 06, 2006
Read it yesterday night.... It's so funny!!!!! :D
Already have the address of books-for-ever-. Probably send it during the weekend!

Journal Entry 15 by books-for-ever- from Tomar, Santarém Portugal on Monday, July 03, 2006
I got it yesterday...I will read it very quickly and then I'll sent to Germany...lol...this is a very travelled book...

See you...good readings...

Journal Entry 16 by books-for-ever- from Tomar, Santarém Portugal on Monday, July 03, 2006
It's really funny and sometinhgs are true!

I really liked this two:

-You don't need to spend hours wondering where your relationship with your dog is going...

-Dogs are not embaressed about expressing their affection for you in public...

IT'S REALLY FUNNY...

I'm trying to contact nikel27 to send it to Germany...

Good readings...

Journal Entry 17 by books-for-ever- from Tomar, Santarém Portugal on Monday, August 14, 2006
It's already travelling...

Journal Entry 18 by nikel27 from -- Irgendwo / Somewhere --, Hessen Germany on Tuesday, August 15, 2006
arrived safe at my house, more later

update:
Was a real fun to read, thanks for sharing with me.

Journal Entry 19 by nikel27 at Post Office in Book Ring, Ginsheim -- Controlled Releases on Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Released 13 yrs ago (8/24/2006 UTC) at Post Office in Book Ring, Ginsheim -- Controlled Releases

EnJoy the book as I did.

Journal Entry 20 by jessibud from Toronto, Ontario Canada on Friday, September 01, 2006
Received it today and have read it already! Fun and, um, so true!!

Amberkatze, shall I send it back to you? If so, PM me with your addy unless you have more names to add to the list.

Thanks for including me in this quick and fun little ring

Journal Entry 21 by Amberkatze from Wien Bezirk 10 - Favoriten, Wien Austria on Friday, September 08, 2006
Wow!!! Super!!! My first Bookring to make it back home to me!!!

Thank you to everyone who took part! It was such a great feeling to have this little book fall out of the envelope today!! I will have to make a new section on my bookshelf for 'bookrings that made it home'!

This little book has been on a big trip all over Europe and ended up in Canada! All in all it has visited 10 different Bookcrossers from 5 different countries and has travelled for just a little over 9 months!

What will happen to it now??? Who knows! One thing I can guarntee is that this book isn't finished travelling yet!

Journal Entry 22 by pikku-kissa from Vantaa, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Tuesday, September 26, 2006
I got this today, thanks to my BC-penpal. I'll read this soon and think again what to do with this.

Journal Entry 23 by pikku-kissa from Vantaa, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Saturday, September 30, 2006
This was quite good little book, often it made me smile. :)

This is going to be a little bookray:
* Katyan, Finland (prefers Europe) -- sent 6.10.
* clw204, United Kingdom (anywhere)
* Bulan-Purnama, USA (USA only)

Same rules than in original Amberkatze's ring and last one lets book continue its journey.

Journal Entry 24 by katyan from Detroit, Michigan USA on Friday, October 13, 2006
This wonderful little book had arriced to me while I was on a work trip... I aldready fell in love with it!

Journal Entry 25 by katyan from Detroit, Michigan USA on Saturday, October 14, 2006
Oh, we just loved this tiny little book with Satya (who's in the picture). It came here on the best time when we have had some really hard time & struggles in our lives... So this book brought us lovely evening together with Satya, reading all the wise truths :). We wish to have a copy of our own from this little book once, it was soooooo lovely!

"You just know your dog is The One."

Journal Entry 26 by wingAnonymousFinderwing on Monday, November 13, 2006
Arrived this morning, thank you.

Oscar (left) and I will enjoy reading it:-)

----------------------------------------

What fun - some truths there:-D

Posted to Bulan-Purnama this morning.

Journal Entry 28 by Bulan-Purnama from Springfield, Oregon USA on Thursday, January 04, 2007
The book finally arrived today. A cute small book. I am currently have three books to read. I will try to fit in between reading with the other books. Why, I often wondered this bookray/ring always arrived in a bunch? Thanks clw204 for mailing all the way from England.

Journal Entry 29 by Bulan-Purnama from Springfield, Oregon USA on Thursday, January 18, 2007
I could not believe it I finished reading this book before my other bookrays. A fun little book with cute illustrations. Just a lovely book. Thanks Amberkatze and everyone for sharing.

Journal Entry 30 by Bulan-Purnama from Springfield, Oregon USA on Friday, April 06, 2007
This book is traveling as guinaveve KEEP THEM MOVING CHALLENGE

A reader will received this little book as a surprise rabck. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 31 by TheBowieFollies from Brooklyn, New York USA on Monday, April 23, 2007
Bulan cheers so much for this suprise rabck!! I thumbed through it already its really cheeky, I have to say that I agreed with this motif for aeons, but of late I have finally found the man of my dreams truly!! This was so lovely of you

cheers la!