The Coffee Journal

Registered by samulli of Weimar, Thüringen Germany on 11/22/2005
Journal Entry 1 by samulli from Weimar, Thüringen Germany on Tuesday, November 22, 2005
This journal goes out to all BCers who
want to write about why they love to
spend time in cafés.

katiesmama (USA)
book-man-8 (Germany)
...
back to me.

As soon as the book comes back to me I will scan all the entries and put them up on a website so everybody can see the whole thing.

Journal Entry 2 by samulli from Weimar, Thüringen Germany on Sunday, February 05, 2006
Finally I had time to prepare the journal and to do my own entry.
Now it is time to let it begin its journey. As soon as I have the first address, I will send it off.

Journal Entry 3 by samulli at to a bookcrosser in sent by mail, A Bookring -- Controlled Releases on Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Released 13 yrs ago (2/8/2006 UTC) at to a bookcrosser in sent by mail, A Bookring -- Controlled Releases

Finally the journal is on its way to eatsletters as the first stop on a hopefully long and successful journey!

Journal Entry 4 by eatsletters on Tuesday, March 14, 2006
sorry for the delay.

The book must have arrived a while ago (I was on a one month business trip and just got home)

It looks really pretty and it is a splendid idea!
Only sad that I am one of the beginning entries, I am so curious what others are writing...

Journal Entry 5 by eatsletters on Saturday, March 25, 2006
OK, off it goes to the next person!

Journal Entry 6 by Amberkatze from Wien Bezirk 10 - Favoriten, Wien Austria on Monday, April 10, 2006
This really lovely decorated journal arrived today! Thanks eatsletters for sending it to me!

I will have a read of what has already been written and start adding my own journal this week. Luckily this has arrived at Easter and I have enough free time to get the done and send it off again asap!

Thank you samulli for organising this! It looks like it will be fun :)

Journal Entry 7 by Amberkatze from Wien Bezirk 10 - Favoriten, Wien Austria on Tuesday, April 18, 2006
I thought I would have lots of time over the Easter holiday to work on this but my time was taken up with lots of other things. However I have written in the journal and before work and other things start taking over my life again I will post this to the next person.

I hope all of you can read my horrible handwriting. I don't have to write much anymore (usually typing) so my hands are quite sure how pens work anymore :) I feel sad that I didn't have any photos to add but maybe someone will be visiting Vienna some day and we can meet for a coffee :)

I have the address for the next person so the book will be in the post today! Thanks again Samulli for organising this and Eatsletters for sending it on to me!

Journal Entry 8 by sarana from Leiden, Zuid-Holland Netherlands on Monday, April 24, 2006
Thanks Amberkatze, the journal arrived safely! It looks lovely, what a shame that I'm so early in line... I'm off to Italy this Thursday, so I'll try and write about my coffee/cafe experiences there as well as in my hometown in the Netherlands.

Journal Entry 9 by sarana from Leiden, Zuid-Holland Netherlands on Monday, May 22, 2006
I loved this journal! Reading the entries by the previous contributors was a lot of fun and contributing myself really was a pleasure. I spent a lovely lunch time pondering and writing about coffee. It had been a while since the last time I wrote something other than a quick email, and I really enjoyed it. The journal is starting to look really nice too!

I'm sending it out to Kaleidoblikk tomorrow, have fun with it! And thanks for the great journal idea samulli! (By the way, Amberkatze, your handwriting is lovely and perfectly readable...)

Edit: I had a bit of a delay, but the journal went on its way today.

Journal Entry 10 by Kaleidoblikk from Sandnes, Rogaland fylke Norway on Wednesday, June 07, 2006
Nice to find this book in the post today! Loved to read what you/the others have written!! I surely look foreward to add my "stuff"!

Journal Entry 11 by Kaleidoblikk at mail in to another bookcrosser, by mail -- Controlled Releases on Thursday, June 22, 2006

Released 13 yrs ago (6/22/2006 UTC) at mail in to another bookcrosser, by mail -- Controlled Releases

Sent to TheWhiteLion today!
Love to join "these journals"!

Have fun! c,' )

Journal Entry 12 by TheWhiteLion from London, Greater London United Kingdom on Friday, June 30, 2006
Received the journal 2 days ago. It looks really interesting, and I'm looking forward to reading the entries and contributing to it myself.

Journal Entry 13 by samulli from Weimar, Thüringen Germany on Friday, August 25, 2006
Just so everybody is up-to-date:
I just got a message from TheWhiteLion saying that he/she needs some more time to finish the journal entry, because he/she is studying for some exams, which should be finished within the next few weeks. Good luck for that!

Journal Entry 14 by TheWhiteLion from London, Greater London United Kingdom on Tuesday, October 24, 2006
Finally managed to make some time to put down my entry in the journal. It was really interesting reading about other people's experiences. Thank you for your patience and thank you for letting me participate in this diary ring, Samulli - I think you are going to be pleasantly surprised with the results of this journal ring!

Mailed today to loribee.

Journal Entry 15 by loribee from Birmingham, West Midlands United Kingdom on Thursday, October 26, 2006
Arrived safely today. I am so looking forward to both reading the contributions so far and adding my own.

Journal Entry 16 by loribee from Birmingham, West Midlands United Kingdom on Tuesday, October 31, 2006
In the mail to Drusillamac in Glasgow. I really enjoyed taking part in this project!

Journal Entry 17 by Drusillamac from Glasgow, Scotland United Kingdom on Friday, November 03, 2006
Apologies to everyone. I received this journal on Wednesday and my scatty memory meant I forgot to journal it. It looks fab and I caught my dad having a nosey through it as well.

Thanks to lorribee and samulli for sharing :-)

Journal Entry 18 by Drusillamac from Glasgow, Scotland United Kingdom on Monday, January 22, 2007
First of all, apologies for hanging onto this journal for so long. After reading (and smelling!) some of the fantastic entries, I feel I am going to have to pass this on without contributing. At the moment I cannot add a contribution that reflects the high standard that has been set by the other writers. Anything I added to this journal would not reflect that.

I have an address for lightwavz and this journal will be shipped via airmail tomorrow.

Journal Entry 19 by lightwavz from Detroit, Michigan USA on Wednesday, March 28, 2007
Hooray! This one was waiting for me after my short vacation! I've been collecting things to put in it and should be sending it out again in a week or so! I'll report back then...

Journal Entry 20 by samulli from Weimar, Thüringen Germany on Monday, September 10, 2007
lightwavz, could you please contact me when you read this? I have been trying to get hold of you by PM and in the forum to find out what became of this journal, but to no avail. Please get in touch with me!