Bookbox Journal

Registered by AmyMS88 of Wolfe City, Texas USA on 11/20/2005
Journal Entry 1 by AmyMS88 from Wolfe City, Texas USA on Sunday, November 20, 2005
This is the journal I'm sending to keep track of the "box of chocolates" bookbox. Feel free to record what you are taking from the box and putting into the box if you so desire. This is not necessary. But I would appreciate a journal entry on this journal when you get the box, and then again when you send it.

Thanks!

gothamgal
raindrop162004
jnpert
frybaby

Journal Entry 2 by OneMorePage from Mission Viejo, California USA on Sunday, December 11, 2005
I was closing up the house, exhausted from a long Christmas party, ready to hit the sack, when I noticed a package on the front porch. Couldn't imagine what it was. An early Christmas gift? Yes!

Thanks for the great variety of books, Amy!

I am taking:

Cooking with Madame Wu
Me Talk Pretty One Day
My Antonia
Cold Sassy Tree
Like Water for Chocolate (need to keep the chocolate theme going!)
The English Patient
Trading Spaces, behind the Scenes

Will PM Cosmicflurk today and send this box on it's way.

Journal Entry 3 by OneMorePage at Adding to Book Box in Book Box, Book Box -- Controlled Releases on Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Released 13 yrs ago (12/12/2005 UTC) at Adding to Book Box in Book Box, Book Box -- Controlled Releases

Mailed box out to Cosmicflurk yesterday. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 4 by cosmicflurk from San Diego, California USA on Monday, December 19, 2005
The bookbox has been rescued from the friendly neighborhood UPS store and is now resting comfortably with me in my study. What treasures lie beneath the layers of crumpled newspaper? I must know!

Journal Entry 5 by cosmicflurk from San Diego, California USA on Wednesday, December 21, 2005
Swapped "Cooking with Madame Wu" with "Futuropolis".
Swapped "Me Talk Pretty One Day" with "Let Me Call You Sweetheart".
Swapped "Black Friday" with "Imagine There's No Heaven."

Released 13 yrs ago (12/21/2005 UTC) at The "Life Is Like a Box of Chocolates" Bookbox in by mail, A Bookbox -- Controlled Releases

The crumpled newspaper has been replaced with care, the box again sealed from the depredations of looters and tomb-raiders. Its journey begins again on a smoke-belching truck heading for parts unknown...

Journal Entry 7 by Janastasiow from Chicago, Illinois USA on Friday, December 23, 2005
rec'd box today. Will post again before I mail it on Tuesday.

Journal Entry 8 by Janastasiow from Chicago, Illinois USA on Friday, December 23, 2005
taking out:
The Body Artist
My Antonia
Adding:
Violets are Blue
The Call of the Wild

Journal Entry 9 by wingAnonymousFinderwing on Saturday, December 31, 2005
Received in the mail today. I already PMed CougMax for an address and will mail it as soon as I have an address.

I'm taking out Pop Goes the Weasel, Violets are Blue, Card Games & Tricks,and Card Magic and replacing them with The Mummy, The Eyes of Darkness, Digital Imaging Tips, andReader's Digest Select Editions-(contains 4 books: The Devil's Teardrops, Lake News, Thunderhead, and A walk to Remember.

I will journal again when I mail the box

****Thank you for allowing me to be a part of this box!!:)

Journal Entry 10 by wingAnonymousFinderwing on Tuesday, January 03, 2006
I mailed the box to cougmax this morning. The tracking # is 9102805213907267971551

Journal Entry 11 by cougmax from Seattle, Washington USA on Saturday, January 07, 2006
The box has arrived.

Journal Entry 12 by cougmax from Seattle, Washington USA on Sunday, January 08, 2006
I am taking out:
Futuropolis
Trading Spaces
Cold Sassy Tree
The Call of The Wild (I couldn't resist, had a german shepherd on cover!)

I am putting in:
Hardback - Breaking Clean by Judy Blunt
Hardback - Q is for Quarry by Sue Grafton
Cry the Beloved Country by Alan Paton
Animal Dreams by Barbara Kingsolver

I also taped up a couple of the books that were in rough condition.
Will pm bunnylady now.

Journal Entry 13 by cougmax from Seattle, Washington USA on Sunday, January 22, 2006
sent to bunnylady on mon, jan 23

Journal Entry 14 by BunnyLady from Fond Du Lac, Wisconsin USA on Wednesday, February 01, 2006
Rec'd this box yesterday. I will be making some selections and PMing the next person.

UPDATE 2/6/06
I will be mailing this box off to the next person tommorrow. I did not find a whole lot I liked but I took 3 of the hardbacks and a trade paperback out. 1 of the books I'm putting back in is a hard bound so now there are only 2 in the box which will make it a bit cheaper for shipping.

I'm Removing:

Feel This Book=Ben Stiller/Janeane Garofalo
Gun Rich=Giles A. Lutz
Devil In A Blue Dress=Walter Mosley
Dead Poets Society=N.H. Kleinbaum

Journal Entry 15 by tammywith2kids from Columbus, Ohio USA on Monday, February 13, 2006
This arrived today. I'll sit down tonight and figure out which books I want to keep and what I will put in.
I'll journal more in a couple of days when I am ready to ship the book out.
Thanks for including me.

Journal Entry 16 by mrsjones from Hamilton, Ohio USA on Friday, February 24, 2006
Received the bookbox in the mail today. From a quick glance at these journal entries, it looks like your original books are all gone, AmyMS88! That's always good. My husband and son are also looking through the box, and my 5-year-old daughter wishes the Hello Kitty notebook was one of the books to choose. :)

We'll make our choices this weekend and then send it on. Thanks!

Journal Entry 17 by mrsjones from Hamilton, Ohio USA on Wednesday, March 01, 2006
I took out the Dean Koontz book for my son and "Feel this Book" for me. Replaced with:
Alone with the Devil
Breakfast with Scot

Shipping to gothamgal tomorrow.

Journal Entry 18 by gothamgal on Thursday, March 09, 2006
rec'd this week. Looking for books to take out and replace. Thanks!

Journal Entry 19 by bookchick88 from Kent, Ohio USA on Tuesday, March 21, 2006
Received today.

Will be sending to the next participant shortly. Looks like there's some good books in here. :)

Journal Entry 20 by bookchick88 at Kingsville PO in Kingsville, Ohio USA on Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Released 13 yrs ago (8/22/2006 UTC) at Kingsville PO in Kingsville, Ohio USA

Sending to next partcipant. :))))

Journal Entry 21 by jnpert from Ridgefield, Connecticut USA on Saturday, August 26, 2006
Hi there! Received in the mail today. My husband and I will sort through and send off in the next week or so. Thanks!

Journal Entry 22 by jnpert from Ridgefield, Connecticut USA on Friday, September 08, 2006
Dropped the bookbox off at the post office today- heading to frybaby via media mail.

Journal Entry 23 by frybaby from Savannah, Georgia USA on Friday, September 15, 2006
The box has arrived.