Alias Grace

by Margaret Atwood | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by sqdancer on 11/29/2005
Journal Entry 1 by sqdancer on Tuesday, November 29, 2005
Pre-numbered label used for registration.

Haven't read yet. This is a duplicate copy.

Journal Entry 2 by sqdancer on Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Off to KarinAlyssa as a surprise Wishlist RABCK.

Enjoy!

Journal Entry 3 by KarinAlyssa on Friday, December 02, 2005
Oh My ! This was such a good surprise that it came with another one. Thank you so much SqDancer, it was on my wishlist ! I always loved the title and now I'll get to read it quite soon. Thanks !

- Reserved for Tranq1 VBB

Journal Entry 4 by KarinAlyssa at by Mail in BookRelay.Com, Bookrelay -- Controlled Releases on Sunday, June 25, 2006

Released 14 yrs ago (6/25/2006 UTC) at by Mail in BookRelay.Com, Bookrelay -- Controlled Releases

To Tranq1, sorry for the mistake again !

Journal Entry 5 by tranq1 from Tampa, Florida USA on Thursday, July 06, 2006
Received from KarinAlyssa. Thank you so much. I am looking forward to reading it.

Journal Entry 6 by tranq1 at bookbox in Placed in bookbox., A Bookbox -- Controlled Releases on Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Released 14 yrs ago (12/4/2006 UTC) at bookbox in Placed in bookbox., A Bookbox -- Controlled Releases

Journal Entry 7 by wingbooklady331wing from Cape Coral, Florida USA on Friday, December 08, 2006
Taking out of the Wishlist 10 bookbox and replacing it with I'm a Stranger Here Myself by Bill Bryson.

Journal Entry 8 by wingbooklady331wing from Cape Coral, Florida USA on Wednesday, April 14, 2010
I am embarrassed that I have had this book for so long on my TBR shelf. I am finally reading it -- a little over 1/4 done. I will save it for an Already Book Crossed bookbox. I will journal again after I finish the book. Sorry to those before that I have not gotten to it before now.

Journal Entry 9 by wingbooklady331wing from Cape Coral, Florida USA on Friday, April 23, 2010
Alias Grace is the story of a real-life character, Grace Marks, who at age fifteen was sentenced to death for her part in the murder of the man she worked for and his mistress. Her sentence was then changed to life imprisonment after her lawyer and many important citizens pleaded her case. However, many thought she should have hanged with her co-conspirator and that was as guilty as he was. Thus, Grace Marks was made a "celebrated murderess" and an infamous enigma of the nineteenth century, and her story has been brought to us with the grace-ful writing of Margaret Atwood.

Grace's character and story will grab you and you will be wondering about her guilt and innocence just as much as her peers in the nineteenth century were.

Journal Entry 10 by wingbooklady331wing at A fellow BookCrosser, A RABCK -- Controlled Releases on Thursday, February 10, 2011

Released 10 yrs ago (2/10/2011 UTC) at A fellow BookCrosser, A RABCK -- Controlled Releases

Enjoy! A 1001 book to read before you die. to akosikulot in the Philippines for KTM and RABCK release challenges. Going first to her aunt in the US.

Journal Entry 11 by akosikulot at Angono, Rizal Philippines on Thursday, March 27, 2014
Hi. I know it's been a while since I've visited BookCrossing, and this book was sent to me three years ago - I apologize profusely for having taken this long to write a journal entry.

A lot has happened in the past three years: I went back to school for my last year of school; finished my thesis but unfortunately got incomplete grades in three other subjects so I wasn't able to graduate still; I applied for and got my first job as a junior copywriter at a media advertising agency, which lasted about a year; then I met the love of my life (yes), got pregnant, gave birth to a wonderful baby boy we named Audio (not kidding), and now I'm a stay-at-home mom. :)

Anyway, since three years ago when these books were sent to me, they've travelled to San Francisco via my aunt's house, got inside a balikbayan box that made its way to my first boardinghouse - where some were read, and some were not - moved with me to my next boardinghouse, where they were promptly left, along with everything else that I owned, when I sort of ran away after finding out I was pregnant. I just got all of my stuff back last December, and it is only recently that I finally accepted the fact that, much as I want them to stay with me a little bit more, these books deserve better homes.

And so I passed it on to Ria R., along with two other BC books, as a freebie together with my non-BC books that she bought from me online, where I had a booksale. Hello Ria, I hope you enjoy this book, and be kind enough to journal its arrival at your doorstep. :)