Behind the Scenes at the Museum

Journal Entry 1 by noumena12 from Dayton, Ohio USA on Monday, November 14, 2005
2005 Planned Parenthood Book Fair purchase

Whitbread Award Winner

FROM THE PUBLISHER
In her profoundly moving, uniquely comic debut, Kate Atkinson introduces readers to the mind and world of Ruby Lennox, born above a pet shop in York at the halfway point of the twentieth century, and determined to understand both the family that precedes her and the life that awaits her. Taking her own conception as her starting point, the irrepressible Ruby narrates a story of four generations of women, from her great-grandmother's affair with a French photographer, to her mother's unfulfilled dreams of Hollywood glamour, to her young sister's efforts to upstage the Queen on Coronation Day. Hurtling in and out of both World Wars, economic downfalls, the onset of the permissive '60s, and up to the present day, Ruby paints a rich and vivid portrait of family heartbreak and happiness.

Journal Entry 2 by noumena12 from Dayton, Ohio USA on Sunday, March 26, 2006
On the way to Miss-Efficiency via the 2006 BC Convention in Toronto. Happy Reading!

Journal Entry 3 by miss-efficiency from Toronto, Ontario Canada on Saturday, April 22, 2006
This books sounds fascinating. I am very much looking forward to reading it now that I will hopefully have more free time. Thanks so much for bringing it to me.

Journal Entry 4 by miss-efficiency from Toronto, Ontario Canada on Saturday, February 28, 2009
I can't believe that this book has been sitting waiting to be read for three years! I plucked it from Mt. TBR last week, as it is on The Guardian's "1000 Novels Everyone Must Read" list, which I am endeavoring to read my way through (78 down, 922 to go.) I just read it, and it is a brilliant book. It's structured in a clever way that makes it expecially engaging to read, and there is a Perry Mason-esque plot twist at the end that I scarcely saw coming. I'm impressed (not an easy feat.)

Will be passing this along soon.

Journal Entry 5 by wingAceofHeartswing from Mississauga, Ontario Canada on Wednesday, March 11, 2009
picked up at the Meet-Up on Sunday

Journal Entry 6 by HoserLauren at Mississauga, Ontario Canada on Saturday, June 28, 2014
My mom, AceofHearts, passed away from breast cancer on September 17, 2013. Aside from being one of the best people I know, she was an avid reader and took immense pleasure in Bookcrossing, her book club, and reading many great books. Unfortunately she didn't get around to reading this book.
I will be releasing this in my mom's memory.

Journal Entry 7 by HoserLauren at Square One Shopping Mall in Mississauga, Ontario Canada on Sunday, January 03, 2016

Released 3 yrs ago (1/2/2016 UTC) at Square One Shopping Mall in Mississauga, Ontario Canada

To the finder of this book: I hope you enjoy reading this book. Please keep it or set it free when you're done. If the book is of no interest to you, please release it into the wild for someone else to find and enjoy. I hope you will make a journal entry so its journey can be tracked and to let me know the book has been found. You can remain anonymous if you wish, but if you join BookCrossing, you are in for a great experience and I do hope you will use my mom, AceofHearts, as a referring member.