The Lost Boy: A Foster Child's Search for the Love of a Family

by Dave Pelzer | Parenting & Families |
Registered by Snerdie of Chelsea, Michigan USA on 11/12/2005
Journal Entry 1 by Snerdie from Chelsea, Michigan USA on Saturday, November 12, 2005
More of the same from Dave Pelzer. I'm sure his tale of overcoming abuse is supposed to inspire people, but I quickly tired of his narrative style.

Journal Entry 2 by Snerdie from Chelsea, Michigan USA on Monday, November 28, 2005
Sent to breeze144 as part of a trade.

Journal Entry 3 by Breeze144 from Ajax, Ontario Canada on Friday, December 02, 2005
Received today! Thanks for trading!

Journal Entry 4 by wingAceofHeartswing from Mississauga, Ontario Canada on Monday, May 14, 2007
received from Breeze144. Thanks

Journal Entry 5 by wingAceofHeartswing at Mississauga, Ontario Canada on Wednesday, June 22, 2011
This story is a continuation of David Pelzer's story. The first book "A child called "It" should be read first. Although a recap is done about the abusive nature of his mother and all the horrendous things she did to him, the first book gives you more of the background.

In this book we follow Pelzer's journey though a series of foster families. One can not say enough about the patience and virtue of these families and how they try to help these children.

Pelzer has some setbacks on his journey, not all of them his own doing but he is very unlucky by being in the wrong place at the wrong time. Furthermore, his mother continues to visit him and tries to continue her abuse verbally. Pelzer defines resilence. A very good read

Journal Entry 6 by wingAceofHeartswing at Mississauga, Ontario Canada on Tuesday, August 21, 2012
Taking to Cincy for Ri

Journal Entry 7 by Ri at Vietnam Veterans of America donation in Cincinnati, Ohio USA on Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Released 6 yrs ago (11/29/2012 UTC) at Vietnam Veterans of America donation in Cincinnati, Ohio USA

In an effort to pare down the massive TBR pile and be realistic about what I am going to read in the near future, this little book needs to get back on its traveling way!

To the lucky finder of this book...

Thank you for taking the time to visit us at Bookcrossing. If this is your first visit to our site...welcome & I'm sure you'll find it fun!

All over the world people are following their books travels through Book Crossing & by making an entry you will be helping keep this books unique traveling history up-to-date.

You can make your first journal entry about this book now! Just tell us where you found it....& don't worry about giving your name, you can remain anonymous.

When you’ve read it,why not come back here and let us know what you thought of it? Tell us what your plans for it are....is it being passed to someone else?...or maybe you're going to leave it for someone else to find - just like you did! Then, if you want to, you will be able to follow it's travels around the book loving world as well!

I hope you've enjoyed visiting us here at BookCrossing & if you do decide to join us, please consider using me, Ri, as the member who referred you- then I know I'm successfully spreading the BookCrossing word!

Enjoy the book!