The Beach

by Alex Garland | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by littlejules2 of Holyhead, Wales United Kingdom on 11/10/2005
Journal Entry 1 by littlejules2 from Holyhead, Wales United Kingdom on Thursday, November 10, 2005

The Beach, definitely one of my favourite books - forget the film with it's different ending, the book is better by far.

I love the Zen image of Richard trying to make "the perfect footprint" in the sand. And what a great dream, the perfect beach, a perfect life, with perfect weather. But of course real life is never quite like that, is it? Can a mixed group of people ever live together in this way in perfect harmony? You decide.

And beware, the book will leave you with the tune "Beach Life" going round and round in your head for days!!

Released 14 yrs ago (11/19/2005 UTC) at Bench at roundabout next to Morrisons Upper Bangor in Bangor, Wales United Kingdom

On bench behind the telephone box at the roundabout next to Morrisons - end of Ffriddoedd Road.

Journal Entry 3 by BeverlyMarie on Thursday, May 29, 2008
I really enjoyed this book , although it has taken me since November 2005 when I found it to finish it. It was a matter of time and circumstances that it took so long. I felt that although the setting is idyllic, there is always a sense os something hidden and sinister.

CAUGHT IN BANGOR GWYNEDD, NORTH WALES UNITED KINGDOM

Journal Entry 4 by Lucy-bird from Birmingham, West Midlands United Kingdom on Wednesday, June 04, 2008
I was at the doctors surgery for an appointment with my own bookcrossing book, I approached the table in the middle of the waiting room intending to leave my book there and my eyes fell upon a copy of The Beach. Being a bookcrosser and intrigued I flicked open the front cover only to find a bookcrossing label, someone else had got to the spot before me! I've been wanting to read The Beach for a while so I popped it in my bag and replaced with my own book. Wow my first bookcrossing find!

Will write a new entry once I've read

I don't know why bookcrossing didn't put this but I found it in Bodnant Surgery, Bangor, Gwynedd

Journal Entry 5 by Lucy-bird from Birmingham, West Midlands United Kingdom on Tuesday, July 01, 2008
I really liked it, although I finished it faster than I intended and now have nothing to read. Really good page turner

Released 11 yrs ago (7/1/2008 UTC) at Bull Ring Shopping Centre in Birmingham, West Midlands United Kingdom

Probably somewhere on the Debenhams side

Journal Entry 7 by holierthanu on Wednesday, September 17, 2008
I work in a coffee shop in the bullring and remember seeing it on a shelf behind the bar ages ago, somebody must have cleared a table with it on. I was cleaning out the shelves today and found it, along with other non travelling books i put it in my bag and later when i went to read the aknowledgements and saw the sticker. i have wanted to read it for a while but have never got round to it. i have a few more on my to-read list, eventually i will send it out there:D

CAUGHT IN BIRMINGHAM WEST MIDLANDS UNITED KINGDOM