Internal Controls & Corporate Governance, 2nd Edition
This Book is Currently in the Wild!
1 journaler for this copy...
The publisher's (Pearson Education Australia) says that this book "explains how internal controls help to safeguard an organisation’s assets, prevent irregularity and fraud, promote operational efficiency and encourage adherence to management policies.
The clear, concise writing style and the logical, structured format of the text will help students to master the complexities of internal controls, and give them a broad understanding of the key principles of Corporate Governance.
NEW TO THIS EDITION:
- Two chapters which highlight the key principles and importance of corporate governance
- Web-based activities to encourage students to extend their learning
- A chapter on fraud highlighting the value of designing and maintaining a strong system of internal control
- A separate section showing the advantages of a robust internal control environment in an age of e-commerce
- Specific reference to new types of internals controls used to combat privacy issues, industrial sabotage and interception.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS:
- Chapter Elements/performance criteria begin each chapter - indicating exactly what will be canvassed
- Chapter overviews introduce the main concepts to be covered
- Self-check questions throughout each chapter make revision more effective and are useful for student self-study. Answers for these are provided at the end of the text
- Key terms are highlighted, throughout each chapter, to increase students’ understanding and a glossary (with full definitions) is provided for easy reference - at the end of the book
- Case applications allow students to practise their skills and become competent - by working through practical scenarios
- Further revision material is provided at the end of each chapter – including multiple-choice questions and problems.
TABLE OF CONTENTS:
Accounting in Australia
Internal Controls Principles and Limitations
Internal Controls in Different Accounting Cycles
Impact of a Computer Information System (CIS)
Controls in the Computer Information System (CIS) Environment
Internal Control and Fraud
Principles of Ethics (DL)
Overview of Corporate Governance
Corporate Governance Principles"
WILD RELEASE NOTES:
Welcome to BookCrossing!