Calendar Girl: In Which a Lady of Rylstone Reveals All

by Tricia Stewart | Biographies & Memoirs |
Registered by purplerosebud of Petersfield, Hampshire United Kingdom on 10/18/2005
Journal Entry 1 by purplerosebud from Petersfield, Hampshire United Kingdom on Tuesday, October 18, 2005
An interesting read giving some insight into the backround of the making of the WI 'Alternative' calendar and later the film Calendar Girls. In which a Lady of Rylstone reveals all.

In Calendar Girl Tricia Stewart shares her experiences of the many funny moments and the sad, about the highs and occasional lows of fame. She describes how the calendar transformed her life and writes with warmth and humour about the remarkable women who - to their surprise - became an international sensation.

It was good to read the truth about the making of the calendar and film which I had only previously read about in the press. It was a tremendous achievement eventually raising so much money for the charities but the book also tells of the effect it had on the lives of all the women.

I am now going to offer this as a bookring.

Journal Entry 2 by purplerosebud from Petersfield, Hampshire United Kingdom on Thursday, October 20, 2005
I hope you have fun with this book!

This is how it works:
You will be sending the book to the person who appears after you in the list, so you need to PM them to get their address.
It's not a race, so just read it in your own time but remember that other people are waiting to read it too.
Please journal the book once you have received it (so we all know where it currently is) and again when you have read it (so we know what you thought of it!)
If you're the last person on the list the book comes back to me.

This is the list so far but the order may change.

jenatleisure UK
karenyd UK
Xanthe-pup UK
LyzzyBee UK
Gembear UK
Smurphie UK
AnglersRest UK

Journal Entry 3 by Jenatleisure from Chobham, Surrey United Kingdom on Monday, October 31, 2005
hi thanks the book arrived whilst I was away last week.
Looks like an interesting read.
Very tempting to dive straight in but I really am too tired tonight.
My just flick through a couple of chapters ....

Journal Entry 4 by Jenatleisure from Chobham, Surrey United Kingdom on Wednesday, November 02, 2005
An easy an interesting read.
I really enjoyed the book my only complaint would be that it occasionally turned into a list of the events they had attended which was a bit boring but all in all I enjoyed it.

Will send onto karenyd when I get her address

thanks for sharing purplerosebud

Journal Entry 5 by starchilli on Saturday, November 05, 2005
I've made a start on it, it's great so far. Thanks for sending it :)