Waiting for Godot

by Samuel Beckett | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by Xanthe-pup of Cardiff, Wales United Kingdom on 10/17/2005
Journal Entry 1 by Xanthe-pup from Cardiff, Wales United Kingdom on Monday, October 17, 2005
Nothing happens. No big events. There are hardly any characters. Brilliant - thoroughly enjoyed his play.

Journal Entry 2 by Xanthe-pup from Cardiff, Wales United Kingdom on Monday, May 29, 2006
Sending to deepdowne - then on a short ring before making its way back to me. Please take your time with this - I found it benefitted from a week off and then another read!

-Psyche- (USA)
BettyBoekwurm (Portugal)
SomethingSimple (Portugal)
marko167 (Switzerland)
QW (Sweden)
littlemoonbeam (USA)

- then back to me in Wales. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 3 by harriscochin from Dubai, Dubai United Arab Emirates on Sunday, July 16, 2006
received this in mail today. thanks xanthe-pup. will read it and pass it on soon.

Journal Entry 4 by harriscochin from Dubai, Dubai United Arab Emirates on Thursday, July 27, 2006
finished reading the book. informed -psyche- . waiting for the address to pass it on.

Journal Entry 5 by harriscochin from Dubai, Dubai United Arab Emirates on Tuesday, August 01, 2006
it's already on its way to -psyche- . enjoy!!

Journal Entry 6 by -Psyche- on Sunday, August 27, 2006
Arrived today! Thanks--will read and pass along.

Journal Entry 7 by -Psyche- at to a bookcrosser in sent by mail, A Bookring -- Controlled Releases on Thursday, October 12, 2006

Released 13 yrs ago (10/12/2006 UTC) at to a bookcrosser in sent by mail, A Bookring -- Controlled Releases

Thanks for sharing this brief play "about nothing"! It's off to Portugal.

Journal Entry 8 by BettyBoekwurm from Porto - City, Porto Portugal on Friday, October 20, 2006
Arrived! I'm really curious about this one.

Thanks Xanthe-pup for sharing and thanks to -Psyche- for sending it!

Journal Entry 9 by BettyBoekwurm from Porto - City, Porto Portugal on Thursday, October 26, 2006
I feel like writing a Journal Entry about nothing... But let's make it about the book.

I never thought it could be so interesting to read something about nothing at all. The dialogues seem to make perfect sense, the characters seem to say all there is to say, yet they don't. Strange, curious, interesting.

Thanks! Will pass this on to SomethingSimple.

Journal Entry 10 by SomethingSimple from Cascais, Lisboa (distrito) Portugal on Monday, October 30, 2006
It arrived today! I'll try to be fast ;) Let's see if this "nothing talk" is all about.

Journal Entry 11 by SomethingSimple from Cascais, Lisboa (distrito) Portugal on Thursday, May 03, 2007
For personal reasons I was not able to read this book. I'm sorry that I kept it with me for such a long time. I sent it today to marko167.
Thank you for sharing anyway.
SomethingSimple

Journal Entry 12 by marko167 from Sant Pere de Ribes, Barcelona Spain on Tuesday, May 08, 2007
Arrived in the post today. Should be on its' way again soon.

Journal Entry 13 by marko167 from Sant Pere de Ribes, Barcelona Spain on Tuesday, October 30, 2007
Aarghh!!! Was going through my bookcase last night and found this little book hidden between to larger tomes. I thought I had sent this on it's way and age ago. Huge apologies!

Anyway, disliked this. Found it boring and self serving. I'm not a great fan of reading plays, prefer to go to the theatre to see them performed so may be would appreciate it more on stage, I somehow think this would be unlikely though.

Journal Entry 14 by marko167 at BookRing in Book Ring, A Bookring -- Controlled Releases on Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Released 12 yrs ago (10/30/2007 UTC) at BookRing in Book Ring, A Bookring -- Controlled Releases

Off it flies to the land of not bad vodka, ice hotels and Tomas Brolin.

Journal Entry 15 by wingAnonymousFinderwing on Saturday, May 31, 2008
This is one of the most popular and one of the best absurdist plays ever written. Absurdist authors assume that the world makes no logical sense. If there is meaning, a person has to create it. The characters in this play act in an extreme example of an absurdist world where nothing meaningful happens and where there is essentially no meaning.